“The BEST place to stay while visiting KD!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

You added BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16102 Theme Park Way, Interstate 95 and Route 30, Doswell, VA 23047-0100   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
West Virginia
“The BEST place to stay while visiting KD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are visiting Kings Dominion you should definitley stay at the BW Kings Quarters. The convenience to Kings Dominion is apparent as soon as you arrive. You can walk to the park or they have a shuttle. We always choose to walk there and catch a ride back because by the end of the day we are all walked out. It is our favorite, my niece and I have been taking this trip since she has been 12, she is 19 now. We usually stay two nights and visit the park two days.
The rooms are nice, clean, comfortable! The bathroom area was clean. The pool is an added bonus, it is so nice and clean. There is a game room, a bar on site. They have a 24 hour Dennys and a Uno's pizza. We love it there and recommend to everyone that they stay there. I know I am hyping it up, don't expect a Marriot because that is not what it is. It is a Best Western, it is clean, comfortable and convenient!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dewar Valued Guest, It is with appreciation that we read your glowing review of our hotel. Our goal is to always provide an excellent guest experience, not only in our lodging but with our entire facility. We thank you for your continued patronage and support and hope that we continue to be your choice for lodging while visiting Kings Dominion for many years to come.
Dave Clausen, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hammonton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just returned after a two night stay at the Best Western Kings Quarters hotel. Very clean accommodations, great location and very nice staff. Very convenient location within walking distance of theme park. They offer a free shuttle to and from the park but it's literally a 10min walk. Will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on poolside are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dclausen, Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to make every guests' stay enjoyable and fun by providing clean, comfortable accommodations. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel before, only because it's right there on Kings Dominions property. But this time, it wasn't as nice. Our family who had a room next door, could not get into their room for nearly an hour. Tried 5 key cards, didnt work. They had to put all of their luggage in our room. Everyone was tired and frustrated, so the hotel sends a man to change the lock. wth....instead of getting them another room they had to wait for this man to change the locks. Wow. i felt bad for them, because i praised and praised this hotel. And they were disappointed. Outside of that incident and the bumpy beds, everything else was cool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to express our sincere apologies for the lock issue that you and your family went through. I know that it was very frustrating and should have been handled differently. Although we cannot change what happened, it is certainly a lesson for training to prevent it from happening again. We hope that we will see you in the future for your next visit to Kings Dominion.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

RUDE HORRIBLE SERVICE, RUDE EMPLOYEES, NASTY BATHROOM, HAIR LEFT IN TUB, BACK OF TOILET HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED. I always review candidly and I am very honest and fair. If you are looking for a clean place to stay with helpful, friendly employees do not stay here. This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2012
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to start with my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your time here with us. Here at Kings Quarters, we always strive to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay during their time here with us. If at any time you experience any issues with your room or any of the amenities around the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk and request to speak with the Manager on Duty immediately. There is always a Manager on Duty to assist and resolve any issues that you may have. It saddens us to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. If at any time you find yourself in our area again, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you with your reservation and ensuring your stay is the best possible!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This is not such a great property competing against all of the major hotels however for what it is, it is a great location adjacent to Kings Dominion Park. I am here with 80 young people and the property is perfect for this purpose. The property is designed such that 80 young people can run around and have fun and I'm not worried about them becoming lost or missing because everything is enclosed within the property. All of the amenities the video room, the pool, the sports everything is conveniently located in a highly visible and easily moitored area, the restaurant and food are world class but very popular with the young people with a wide variety at great prices. The staff is young and attentive, my suite is great centrally located. The shuttle to Kings Dominion Park is located right outside the front door of the lobby and runs conveniently every 15 or 20 minutes. This is our third year of bringing this size group to this location and I have no complaints

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. I am elated to hear that your stay was a positive experience for your entire group. Here at Kings Quarters, we want each guest to feel as though they are a part of our extended family. Again, we greatly appreciate you continuing to return to us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I just got back from my stay not impressed because of what they charge you should get a better class of people we had a women screaming about cocaine at 1 am outside our door, the courtyard by the pool is littered with discarded cigarette butts and as a smoker I am mindful to dispose mine in the the smoking receptacle. Children are not attended to properly and the pool is overcrowded. Rooms are just typical no major gross out issues with bugs or soiled linens, don't expect five star at a Best Western. Upon arrival I discovered our door did not not shut properly and when we alerted front desk they sent maintenance to resolve the issue and he told us just to slam the door, really? Anyway, besides the convenience of 24 hour Denny's extremely close proximity to the park and the somewhat helpful staff I did enjoy my trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. I do sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations with your stay. I have passed your comments in regards to the cleanliness of the pool area to our Executive Housekeeper, so that we are able to ensure that this issue is resolved and does not occur again. As well, I have also passed your comments along to our Chief Engineer in regards to the resolution you received when you reported that you were experiencing issues with your door lock, so that we can ensure that the door lock has been repaired and it does not happen again. Unfortunately, we do not have a lifeguard on duty at the pool, but our staff does try to monitor the pool throughout the day to ensure that each guest is enjoying their time at the pool. If at any time you experience issues with noise, guests screaming obscenities, or any of the amenities at the property, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is an agent available to you 24 hours daily to assist with any needs that you may have. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location is great; short walk to King's Dominion, no need to bother with the shuttle. The Denny's was convenient and the wait staff was friendly. The beds and bathroom were reasonably clean. Unfortunately, that is the end of the positives. I don't often complain, but I wouldn't stay in this hotel again. It is in desperate need of remodeling, and relects poorly on King's Dominion as an out-of-town destination. There was a 5-inch stain on the seat right inside the door. The floors in our room turned our socks brown. The microwave and fridge were plugged into an outlet expansion plate plugged into the end of an extension cord. The concrete walkways were black with dirt and old bubble gum. The door to our room looked like it had been broken down at some point; the maintenance guy had to come install a new security latch, and the one he installed barely functioned because the door was misaligned. The deck boards by the pool were curling; we witnessed two young girls afraid to walk on it with bare feet for fear of "stepping on a nail." Some of the clientelle behaved innappropriately at the pool; couples showing way too much affection for a family setting, another woman allowing her toddler to urinate in the bushes, inside of the fenced in area. We've stayed in many other 2-diamond rated places that were much better.

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We are currently developing a plan for a renovation around the property that will add a more modern decor to our rooms and enhance the features and amenities around the property. We hope to have these plans finalized and begun in the very near future. In regards to enhanced cleanliness of your room and on the property, I have passed your comments along to our Executive Housekeeper so that we are able to resolve these issues and ensure that they do not reoccur. I have also passed your comments in regards to the door of your room to our Chief Engineer so that we are able to ensure that they door has been properly repaired for all future guests. If at any time you experience issues with any of the amenities around the property or situations that you are witnessing, please feel free to contact the Front Desk immediately. There is always an agent available to assist and resolve any issues that are occurring around the property. Again, I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. It is our hope that you will give us another chance to serve you with superior customer care.

BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

Been to BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters? Share your experiences!