“Disappointed this year...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters

You added BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16102 Theme Park Way, Interstate 95 and Route 30, Doswell, VA 23047-0100   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Doswell
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Disappointed this year...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We might have to try another hotel next year. Every year we have been going to this hotel and it seems like it is not being kept up like it should be. Upon arrival our toilet wouldn't flush. Had to call maintenance. The kids were so excited to start the vacation, not sit and wait for a maintenance person to fix a toilet. The Denny's in the Hotel is the worst. Horrible service !!!! After going to the park, we of course went to the Denny's for a late dinner at the hotel. All of the kids' meals were sold out except for quesadia. Nothing was available. Excuse me but I used to work in a restaurant and when we ran out of supplies, we would run to the store and buy more. They didn't even have any of the Kraft Mac & cheese that they sell for the kids' meal. It took an hour and a half to get served a salad and two kids quesadias. The only good part was the second night we ordered from the Uno's pizza and they delivered to our room but who wants to eat in your room when you have 2 boys? Very disappointed......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
dclausen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We are committed to restoring your perception of the Best Western Kings Quarters from your many previous visits here. We strive to ensure that each of our guests have an exceptional stay while here with us. This is not the treatment that we strive to provide for our guests and I shall research these issues mentioned to ensure that they do not happen again. I do apologize for your remarks mentioned in regards to the Denny's restaurant. I have passed those comments along to their management staff, as is operated separately from the hotel. However, I thank you for your feedback and I do sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional! It is our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you exceptional service.

804-876-3321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our stay was as nice as our first stay 2 years ago. We love the Hotel, Amenities and location basically in the Kings Dominion Parking lot. Our King Bed Suite room was perfect and very clean. 2nd floor on the highway side and we were never bothered by the sound of traffic. This Hotel is great for families or couples on a Kings Dominion vacation. There is a golf putting green, shuffle board, tennis courts, kids playground, ping pong table, outdoor pool and Tiki Bar on the grounds of the Hotel. The Hotel Kings Dominion package deal is great. Front Desk and all Hotel staff are very nice and helpful. Free Wireless internet, it may be slow but who needs it on vacation. Great time was had and we will be back!

Room Tip: Great Hotel for families and couples on a Kings Dominion vacation
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are elated to hear of the wonderful stay that you had with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters! We would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to share the details of your stay on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Yours in hospitality,

Randallstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here since they offer a two day package with the theme park Kings Dominion. Overall my stay was pleasant, but I wish this hotel had more updated amenities. They offer wi-fi that is as slow as dial up. The t.v. is "old fashion" compared to some of the other trendy places I have stayed. Also, I don't believe this hotel has taken into consideration that people today have many electronic devices. With that said the hotel doesn't have many outlets to plug in chargers unless you unplug the t.v., the fridge, the microwave, and/or the lights. That's it, no extra outlets. We stayed near the pool, which was great as far as location, unfortunately the sound of foot traffic from outside was heard clearly in our room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that your overall stay with us was pleasant. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We are currently exploring many ideas to update the look and amenities of the property. We hope to see you again!

Forestville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Very nice room.The bed was comfortable, the pool and other activities near were nice! Good hotels for familys going to Kings Dominion. Just wished we would of had a fridge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad to read that you had a wonderful experience at the Best Western Kings Quarters Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at BW Captains Quarters, it had very easy access to the park, but the accommodations weren't the best. They offered free wi-fi, not happening at all!!!! Matter of fact, not even a connection in the room. Pool area was okay, until some fecal mishaps..... Very expensive Dennys on site.

Beds were pretty comfortable, good service. Need to come down on their prices for families and food on site.

Overall 5 out of 10 rating...

Room Tip: Rooms on the entrance side, will get the firework views at night!!! Awesome:)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We are truly distressed to learn that you were dissatisfied with our hotel.
I am terribly sorry about that and committed to restoring the perception you had of the Best Western Kings Quarters when you chose us for your visit. This is not the manner in which we strive to treat our guests and your comments will be reviewed internally to ensure that this is not repeated moving forward. My apologies about your comments regarding Denny's and I have passed your comments onto the management since it is separate from the hotel.
However I do appreciate your input and would be happy to discuss it further if you would like to contact me.
I can only hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future, as we would love an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed 2-4 August 2011. I read the reviews on this which some like and some don’t like. Here is the real deal on this hotel. If you are traveling with children and plan to go to King’s Dominion more than one day, this is a good place to be. That is one of the reason I decided to take 3 teens, a 2 year old and my mother to this hotel. One reviewer said her three boys enjoyed it. The teens are boys (17, 18, 19 all nephews). If it was just me, and I am the traveling bleach lady, I would not have preferred to take my uppity little butt here. But for a family fun vacation it was perfect. I had two rooms. A family room which had two queen beds and a pull out couch with the frig and microwave, which I would have like in my room instead but gave this room to the three teens. Let’s say I cleaned the toilet down. Sorry did not get pictures of this room. The other room I have included the pictures. I had to clean the bathroom to my standards, toilet bowl urine stains at bottom of bowl and bathroom floor behind door dirty. The room they gave us which was the two bedroom as suppose to be non-smoking but when I called they offered me the zap machine or to check out another room to see if that one would work for me and that was good no smoke. If your rooms are located on the street side of the hotel, you will have more quiet. If your rooms are on the pool side, the pool, TiKi Bar does not close until 1200. Most folks do leave out slightly before 1200. This area has the tennis courts, ping pong table, kid’s playground and a putting tea. Denney’s (opened 24 hours) is where you can purchase your meals, UNO pizza place is attached to the hotel also. An arcade is there and there is another bar lounge for the grown-ups. And of course you just walk across King’s Dominion parking lot to the park. If you are on the side facing the park you get the fireworks every night at 2130 hours. If you need more stores, then you will have to just got one exit down (95S) to Ashland (15 minutes) where you will find all you need. Wal-mart, McDonalds, etc. Exit 104 off 95 is where the good gas prices are. The staff were friendly and helpful. If I were taking children again, I would stay here, I just take my cleaners again. If just me, not!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Kings Quarters hotel.
Glad that our convenient location to Kings Dominion park worked out well for you and your family.
We are even more appreciative of your comments regarding the housekeeping issues and we will be able to utilize these comments as a training tool for the future.
The stay described above falls short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I am terribly sorry about any inconvenience and I am committed to restoring the perception you had of our hotel when you chose us for your vacation.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here, because the rate was reasonable and the website said that there was a shuttle to Kings Dominion. You can actually walk to Kings Dominion from this hotel. Well, we were supposed to stay for two nights, but after the first night, we checked out. They gave us a room next to the pool, which we didn't ask for, but we thought, okay, that's nice. Well, we arrived around 8:30pm on a Friday night after driving for close to 7 hours, so we were tired and hungry. They had a Denny's right on the property, which was okay. Don't be fooled by the ad about there being a Pizza Hut or Uno's - I forget which. It's just a small take-out room, not an eat-in. Anyway, we got in bed around 10pm, because we wanted to be rested and ready for the amusement park the next morning. Well, there was a DJ that was cranking the stereo system at the tiki bar at the pool to a decibel level which definitely neared the absolute highest volume possible. We had the door closed, but it sounded like the music was in our room. My husband went to talk to the manager, and was told to talk to someone in Denny's. They said that Denny's controlled the music. The people in Denny's said, what are they talking about? The motel controls the music. So back he went to the manager, who by the way, was insolent and about 20 years old. Finally someone turned it down from a 12 to a 10. Well that was still REALLY LOUD, and the kids could not sleep. Not to mention that there were teens running around the pool and screaming at the top of their lungs. So once again, my husband went out to talk to someone. Now it's after 11pm... It went on and on, until finally the music was shut off at midnight. My husband went to talk to the manager the next morning, and they said they couldn't do anything about it, but move us to the other side of the motel, but that that probably wouldn't help, because you can hear the music from the side just as well. And they just had to play the music until midnight, that's their policy. Needless to say, we checked out and went to a MUCH NICER, MUCH BETTER RUN MOTEL who values their guests. I would never stay here again, and I warn any families with small children.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
We are truly distressed to learn that you were so dissatisfied with our hotel and our service.
I am terribly sorry about that and committed to restoring the perception you had of the Best Western Kings Quarters when you chose us for your family vacation. This is not the manner in which we strive to treat our guests and your comments will be reviewed internally to ensure that this is not repeated moving forward.
We are very sorry to hear that your overall feeling was to recommend another hotel to other families.

804-876-3321

Been to BEST WESTERN Kings Quarters? Share your experiences!