“One of the best vineyards I've ever visited” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Delaplane
More attraction details
Owner description: RdV Vineyards is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the historic town of Delaplane. Thomas Jefferson, a native of Virginia and founding father of our nation, was also a "man of the soil," an avid viticulturist who dreamed of creating a "great American wine based on a French model." Today, Jefferson's vision is a reality at RdV. Bordeaux grapes, planted on a granite hillside, producing wines that marry the elegance of Bordeaux with the bold spirit of California. RdV Vineyards is open to the public for Tours & Tastings at 11am, 1pm and 3pm, Thursday through Sunday. To reserve a Tour & Tasting with us, you may do so through our website or by contacting us at the winery. RdV wines are available for purchase at the winery, and through our online store with the option to pick up or ship. If you have any further questions about visiting us or our Ambassador Membership Program, please feel free to contact us. We hope that you enjoy our wines!
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“One of the best vineyards I've ever visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have had the opportunity to visit vineyards in practically all the most well known wine regions in the US and abroad and can say this is a jewel. Excellent wine, beautiful and interesting wine facilities and storage. Scenery around the vineyard is great and the wine maker and staff are very personable.

Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I think this really is the best winery in Virginia. They have extensive experience borrowed from abroad to cultivate an amazing grape. The wine tour was great and was better than some tours I have been on on the West Coast. The architecture too was great and the views were breathtaking. Maybe they are hiring:)

Visited June 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“Best Wine in Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have traveled extensively for wine and this is the first Virginia winery we thought compared to regions like Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone, etc. Really excellent wines, can't wait to see how this young winery evolves over the coming years. So good we joined their club on the spot.

Sterling, Virginia
“My First Visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

... With many to follow my wife and I made an appointment for a wine tour today and we were very well taken care of by their sommelier and guide Caitland, she went out if her way to explain the wine making process , owners background his connection to a top wine maker in Bordeaux, and the signigance of terrior. I bought 4 bottles as I thoroughly tasted exactly the extra efforts that went into the making if two stellar Bordeaux blends one more right bank focused on Merlot as the dominant grape and the other more cab focused. But the sommelier Caitland made it really nice for is offering to take pics and answer wine industry related question. Not only was the vineyard beautiful the experience was as well

Leesburg, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Rdv comparable to a 5th Growth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went to Rdv about 2 months ago and were impressed with wait Rutger is trying to do. His dream of making a world class wine is on the right track. Drank a bottle of the 2010 Rendezvous, first since our tasting, and my appreciation for the quality of wine at RDv was confirmed. My best to Rutger and his dream.

Visited September 2013