“If I could give this a 10 I would” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Delaplane
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
16 attraction reviews
“If I could give this a 10 I would”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all, let me say I am a dog lover. And I love wine. And I love Virginia...we have been watching this building for several ears on our way to Washington DC? Today on our way home, we finally stopped. These folks have the whole deal. Good wine (full tasting $12, partial, $6), a nice selection of cheese and other munches, fire pits for cool days, a great gift shop, and best of all...THEY LOVE DOGS. Today is a beautiful, mid-sixties, sunny, Saturday before Christmas, and whole there were a whole lot of very nice people (and their dogs) we didn't feel crowded or rushed. If you love wine and a beautiful setting, try this winery. And did I mention the owners are REALLY nice? Cheers!

Visited December 2013

“This is a wonderful place for a summer afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been there many times with my friends and family. I love going and watching a band play and relaxing on the patio. The wine is wonderful. The employees are happy to tell you all about them. They've recently opened the outdoor sangria bar which is a great addition.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Virginia wine touring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Was touring some of the wineries in VA one weekend and decided to stop by Barrel Oak Winery. Beautiful surroundings, the leaves were starting to change, music and great wine. This winery was perfect for the whole family.
Loved it and will go back in the future.

Reston, Virginia, United States
“Hours of entertainment an hour away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For a VA vineyard, they actually pour a few decent red wines. In reality though, you really go there for the picnic tables, music, ambiance and dogs. Bring your friends, family and dogs, and don't forget some snacks (but if you do, they can prepare plenty of them for you!) Then buy yourself a couple bottles of Petit Verdot and sit out by a bonfire for the afternoon.

Canton, New York
“Fun, relaxing environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I were visiting friends in Herndon. We visited this winery on a cold and rainy day. Due to the weather, there were not enough places to sit inside or under their roofed patios. It got a little frustrating watching big tables be piled high with people's snacks and jackets, with them nowhere in sight. It wasn't good etiquette on their part, but it wasn't the winery's fault. We ended up piecing together an end table and four stools and enjoyed many bottles of their "Bowhaus Red" which was very good. The neatest part about this winery is they allow you to bring your own snacks, and even your dog. All in all a great experience once we were able to sit and enjoy.