“A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Apex, North Carolina
“A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Thought this joint was affiliated with "Texas ..." restaurant in Roanoke that we enjoyed previously. The only similarity was both joints had Texas in their names. We ordered ribs because we really enjoyed them a couple of years ago [go ahead and snicker I know that was a hideously STUPID expectation] in the other 'Texas' restaurant.

When the plates came to our table I knew I had made a mistake. The meal looked like a letdown, but the mistake was mine so we plodded thru the meal. Well, I plodded. My wife seemed to like meal to some degree.

Ya know there are those days when you can't even rely on your wife of 47 years for support.

The waitstaff was great and deserved a good tip [which I DID give to them].

Other points that made my night: two screaming kids, and very cold dining room. $2.25 for a glass of soda is outrageous especially considering it was Diet soda and a very poor vintage.

The Men's Room was atrocious and as Chef Tony Bourdain has said in print: Always check out the cleanliness of the restrooms first. If the staff can't keep these rooms clean there is a Big Problem because these rooms are the easiest to keep clean in a restaurant.

To end on a serious note I have a moderate disability and this joint is a hazard waiting to happen.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Great Deal in Danville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stopped here on our way back to Florida. What a great find. We had a excellent meal for a even better price. It was Saturday, so we had to wait 30-40 minutes but it was worth it in the end. We ordered the special which was 2 6oz Ribeyes, each with a 2 sides, warm rolls, and a bloomin onion type appetizer all for $20 (drinks not included). The steak was cooked as order (1 well and 1 medium) and was seasoned very well.

If I had one of these in FL I would go often.

The decor is not fancy. Kind of like a Outback steakhouse.

If you are in the mood for steak and are in Danville. I would try this place.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southeast USA
“Great server. That's about the only positive thing I can say.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had to travel 1.5 hrs to meet some family members today, and they chose to eat at this establishment. Truly I say that it leaves something to be desired. We ate at pub tables pushed together near the bar, since it was Sunday afternoon, and it seemed like the entire town was eating here after church. Our tables were in the middle of nowhere, if felt. We were situated directly in front of a huge window, and the glare from it (plus it was unclean, which made the glare worse) blinded me the entire meal. The floors were sticky and had a dirty slick coating on them. I had to switch my pub chair 2x until I found one that was sturdy. The other two had pieces that were coming unglued, which made them very wobbly. This didn't give me good peace of mind watching my little one navigate his chair. There were 6 in our party. We sat at our table for a good 20 minutes before anyone came over to speak to us, get a drink order, anything. I ordered a ribeye and the blackened shrimp combo, with a ceasar salad and baked potato. I specifically asked if the shrimp were de-veined before ordering, and I was assured they were. When they arrived, they were very obviously still veined. I didn't eat a one of them for that reason. My salad was ok. They were generous on the parm cheese, but few on the croutons. The greens were in decent shape (although they didn't have an overly fresh look or taste), save a few pieces with brown edges that I put to the side. The mushrooms were average. My ribeye was good, and cooked perfectly, and for that, I was thankful. Our server was great, however. He was friendly and courteous and despite the cost difference, he swapped my shrimp with a crab cake instead. My baked potato also didn't come loaded, and he was very quick to replace it, as well.

Unfortunately, the crab cake made me nauseated after I ate it later.

The bathrooms of this location were **GROSS!!!** The ladies stalls were wet and had dried urine on the porcelain, and 2 of the 3 toilet seats had brown stains. My stall door had a broken lock. The floors outside the stalls were equally disgusting, and the sinks were FILTHY. FILTHY FILTHY. There was brown caked on dirt all in the bowl and they literally didn't look like they've been touched by a cleanser in a year. The soap pumps on the wall were also broken and FILTHY. There is NO EXCUSE for this! Where the heck was the management? I was totally disgusted, and prayed the kitchen wasn't this disgusting, as well. My husband took our youngest son to the men's bathroom and found it to be dirty and outdated, as well.

TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY! I feel ripped off.

Outside of our terrific server, I will never visit there again. I like the Texas Roadhouse MUCH better. It's no wonder the Texas Steakhouse closed in our town.

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Reidsville, North Carolina
“We love eating at the Danville, Va restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We live in Reidsville, NC. So we make a special trip when dining at our favorite restaurant. This restaurant tries to make you feel welcome and seats you as quickly as possible.

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Texas Stakhouse has good food and good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

First of all, Danville is on starvation alley. After reading the loca reviews, we opted out of the Mayflower and came here. Good solid food for a reasonable price. For $16, I had a salad, baked potato and 10 once steak. The food was good. The tseak was hand cut, and tasty, not what you get at Capitol Grille, but very good from the price. My wife had the chicken, she go so much food she sent half of it back. Both managers stoped by and asked us if our food was OK, nice touch.

One warning, stick to beer or boat drinks. I ordered a martini, received a manhattan. Later went tot h bar as specifically asked to have another made properly. sent two back until they found the one person who knew how to make a decent drink.

This the best of the best on starvation alley, Danville, VA.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere