“great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Danville
Upper Marlboro
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived after a looooooooooong trip on the road (rain storms, tree falling across highway stopping traffic in both directions, a couple of wrong turns, etc.). I had booked five rooms. We were checked in promptly, given our room keys, and asked if there was anything else we needed. The rooms were large and clean and the bathrooms were larger than any I had seen in awhile. It did have a restaurant on site but I didn't use it. The staff gave me directions to other eateries in the area. I was offered printed directions but the worded directions were better (right turn at the bottom of the hill, turn right at third light, etc.). We truly enjoyed the helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard by Marriott Danville, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear patcarolsmith,

I'm glad you and your fellow travelers got in safely after going through all of that! Thanks for taking the time to review us; we're pleased that our staff was so helpful and you had an enjoyable stay. Hopefully next time you will get to check out our Bistro restaurant! Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wellesley, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Pretty typical but the amenities like free wifi, a on-premise store where you could buy food and drinks and on-site dining make it very convenient. Hotel was clean and quite and works equally well for business or personal travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard by Marriott Danville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear William W,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our amenities and found everything clean and convenient. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Danville!

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard-Danville for two nights while on business travel.

This hotel property is geared perfectly to the traditional business traveler, utilizing Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept that provides both meeting and relaxation gathering areas, as well as a bistro with to-go style food choices and alcoholic beverages. The lobby "pantry" offers many snacks and beverage choices. Along with the complimentary wireless, this multi-function lobby space provides a comfortable downtime area for many travelers, including those with children.

Guest rooms are modern, clean and appropriately designed. Layout includes a spacious bathroom with separate sink area, desk with pull-out work space, and swivel TV for viewing from both the bed and sofa area. Also, my room provided a refrigerator, however, I'm not sure that they were available in all rooms.

My only complaint (and this is with all Courtyards) - please upgrade your mattresses, they are too firm to be comfortable .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear VABeerLady,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that as a business traveler, you greatly enjoy the Courtyard layout, as well as that you liked your guest room so much. We do indeed offer refrigerators in all guest rooms. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our beds and will discuss it. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never planned a trip to Danville, Va - but my family found ourselves traveling to a nearby event on short notice. We booked the Danville Courtyard Marriott online, & hoped for the best. We were not disappointed.
First of all, the price is right. Sure, Danville might be the middle of nowhere, but a good deal on a nice hotel is always welcome. The rooms were nice, and the lobby lounge & restaurant were really perfect for our needs. We didn't spend a ton of time here, but my entire family enjoyed our experience with this Marriott Courtyard. All facilities were exactly what we needed, & more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard by Marriott Danville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear BmoreBurke,

Thanks for reviewing our Courtyard; I'm glad that we were able to serve all of your needs for a last-minute stay! Many of our guests also enjoy our on-site Bistro restaurant so it's great that you were able to check it out while you were here. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again when you're in the area.

Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Early December in Virginia can be brutal even in the southern Virginia city of Danville. The Courtyard by Marriott made my trip to Danville in early Decembr 2012 much more enjoyable. Courtyard has been a staple for me and my coworker as we travel Virginia providing training for wastewater operators across the Commonwealth. The accomodations were excellent, as is usual for Courtyard hotels. Although the hotel doesn't have an indoor pool (usually a requirement for our hardy band of travelers) but the huge indoor Whirlpool (seatng at least 10 people) made up for the lack. I will definitely be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott the next time I go to Danville (Winter or Summer).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard by Marriott Danville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Donald S,

Indeed, the only thing predictable about Virginia weather is its unpredictability so I'm happy to read that you enjoyed staying with us during your time in Danville. Thanks for reviewing us; I'm glad you found that our accommodations met your expectations and you could take advantage of our large whirlpool! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm fairly picky about staying in hotel rooms. A dirty room will freak me out!
We arrived during a bad ice storm and were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. We were given our choice of floors and chose the first floor. The lobby and halls were very clean and the staff friendly.
The room was pretty clean (but not spotless). There was trash left at the base of the bed that was missed by cleaning - my hotel OCD began to kick in. But the rest of the room met my standards and I survived.
We used the exercise room, which was 3 treadmills, dumbells and an exercise ball. The treadmills each have it's own TV with free ear speakers. There was cleaning wipes readily available for all equipment. Not a huge exercise center, but very clean and tidy.
They do offer a grill for breakfasts and other meals. The breakfast is definately not free and fairly expensive. I would suggest eating at a nearby off site location. They could compete better with the Holiday Inn Express across the street if they offered free breakfast.
Hotel seemed very safe, with key entry to every exterior door.
Overall, a good experience that I would recommend to travelers in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Courtyard by Marriott Danville, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear StingerSteve,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and I'm glad to hear that we were able to live up to your high standards! I do apologize for the small amount of trash and will pass your feedback on to our General Manager so we can work to provide the cleanest experience possible. I'm also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our on-site fitness room. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again when you're in Danville!

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed one night . Very clean room . Updated decor. Front desk called after we arrived to check if we needed anything . Very friendly staff. Don't use 1st floor unless you have pets. The first hotel we have stayed in that didn't have Gideon Bible in the night stand. Not sure why . They did have a book of mormon . Would recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Only use 1st floor if traveling with pets. We could hear dogs barking when we entered . We stayed on...