“Beware of Surprise 2 Night Stay Minimum” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Danville

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Danville to your Saves list
Super 8 Danville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2385 Riverside Drive, Business Hwy 58, Danville, VA 24541   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Danville
Raleigh, NC
“Beware of Surprise 2 Night Stay Minimum”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 30 for the motorcycle track day the following two days. I reserved over the phone for one night only. We were not told on the phone about a two-night minimum for that weekend. Nor were we told upon checkin. We left the hotel very early the next morning to head to the track, skipping the formal checkout process. So I had no proof of the reservation, or of our leaving after one night (note to self: always get a receipt at check out). On my credit card statement the next month, I saw that they charged us for two nights. I called to dispute this and the manager, Mr. Suthar, told me there was a 2 night minimum and didn't care (or didn't believe) that we were not told of this when making the reservation or at check in. So I tried to dispute the charge through my credit card company and was not successful. During that process, an employee at Super 8 told us that they made note of us leaving on Saturday morning, then saw that we checked back in again 20 minutes later. This sounds like somebody ELSE checked in and took our room, paid for by us! Not sure if that's really what happened. But in any event, beware of what I consider unfair practices of this hotel to not inform of a 2 night minimum stay, then go ahead and charge you for a night you weren't there. We would never have booked there if we knew about a 2 night requirement. We live in Raleigh so it was only a 2 hour drive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am sorry that you did not know that it was a minimum of 2 nights but as you had written on your review that "an employee at Super 8 told us that they made note of us leaving on Saturday morning, then saw that we checked back in again 20 minutes later" now if you left early in the morning like you had written on your review "We left the hotel very early the next morning to head to the track, skipping the formal checkout process" then how did you hear a Super-8 employee 20 mins after you say that you had supposedly checked-out!!!! Now does that make sense?

Yes, she is right get a receipt when you check out at least you should know what your total rate is for your stay. I belive that she know that it was a race weekend & wanted to get out of paying for 2 nights

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at this motel many time before and have enjoyed the stay. It has been a year since my last stay and when I checked in this time, things were not the same.

First of all, the check-in was fairly cold compared to in the past. My room, when I walked in, had a strange smell. The cover over the A/C was gone and they had used a gutter guard to cover up the opening. The handle for the faucet was not attached and just came off.

I checked for any signs of bed bug and didn't see any on the mattress or the box spring, I should have checked better. When I woke up in the morning, my body was covered with bed bug bites. I had more that 40 bites on my arm, neck, and feet.

I wrote up an incident report and responded to their survey. The motel owner/manager wrote me back and said they had checked the room and there were no bed bugs in the room.

I invited him to sleep in the room tonight.

Room Tip: At room 209, for some reason, you will wake up with lots of bed bug bites.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry about you experiance was anthing but pleasure at this Super-8. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay but I know that he has claimed that we bed bugs but there are no bed bugs. Since we do regular exterminator & our maintance & housekeepering dept had checked your room after your departature & found no bed bugs. I know we (housekeeper & Maintance) take bed bugs very seriously. I had offered this gentleman a free night stay just to prove my point that there was no bed bugs. I do plan on taking up on his offer about staying here this evening.
By the way he claims that he has stayed here many times before but it was his first time here!!!!
East Aurora, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The small drab room appeared clean, but had a strong vomit smell. The A/C was not on when we checked in and the room was close to 90 deg. The smell did not go away. Unfortunately it was too late to change hotels. We moved the next day to a very new, clean Holiday Inn Express a quarter mile down the road. BTW, the continental breakfast was Sams Club quality and the coffee was weak.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am sorry about the Vomit smell on my propery but I would like to let you know that our hosekeeping/Maintance staff are very good about the rooms should be to the Industry standard & accodring to them the room was done properly. I take pride in my Housekeeping staff & My front desk crew as well.
All you had to ask for another room & your wish could have been granted!!!
Again I would like apologize on behalf of the Super-8 Danville, VA. We would be more then happy to see you again & to see if you are happy with your stay at Super-8 Danville, VA
raleigh, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

the coolbreeze says it all. this is a very nice place for the money. not much to look at outside, but the room is quite nice, especially for a budget motel. plush towes, good desk work space and wifi connection. Unless you need something a little upscale, try to get a room here before you look elsewhere in danville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your review & hope to see you back in Danville, VA again!!!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The room was very modern, contemporary & it seems to have a nice touch of class.(It did not look like a Super-8 Mote it looked more like a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn)l) I know the price is well worth the stay. It had all of the amenities needed for a traveler like myself. The staff was very friendly when I arrived and checked me in very quickly. The staff provided me with some recommendations for local restaurants there were many restaurants from to chose from within Danville area. The morning breakfast was a limited selection of continental breakfast. Although it was very close to the VIR racetrack it took me appox 20 mins to get there. I would recommend it to everyone who is visiting the VIR race way or the Danville, area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Super-8 Danville, Va. I know that we (our staff & my self) have worked so hard to gain the respect of the Guest who stay here. Again Thanks a lot for your stay here & welcome you back in the near future!!!!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed here many,many times over nine years and have seen the transformation to a much better hotel and facility to stay at. Staff and housekeeping deserve credit for making it always a great place away from home.

Room Tip: Good restaurant next door. Has trip rewards
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thanks a lot for your kind review of our Staff & this property. We have worked so hard to get this property to the standard. Again I would like to thank toy very much for your kind review
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice newly renovated room, friendly staff and nice clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
psuthar, General Manager at Super 8 Danville, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thanks for your great review of out newly renovated rooms. We had worked so hard to get these rooms to the Super-8 Standard. Again Thanks,

Been to Super 8 Danville? Share your experiences!