“Best Italian food ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Daleville
Cuisines: Pizza
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best Italian food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Of you haven't been to this place you haven't had Italian food at it's best. Everything is made fresh daily..bread.pizza dough.all the sauces! And the owner is usually at the pizza table cooking and greets you as you enter. My favorite restaurant ever!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Roanoke, Virginia
“Love the Lil' Cucci's Special Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I have been regulars at Lil' Cucci's for a couple of years now. Dale and all of the servers are always friendly and welcoming. The food is outstanding and their pizzas, turnovers (calzones) and sandwiches are the best in the Roanoke area. We live in Roanoke, but drive over to Daleville just for the food. My favorite is the Lil' Cucci's Special Sandwich which is shaved beef and pepperoni grilled with onions, peppers, mushrooms and topped with the house marinara sauce. It is to die for and is the best sandwich I've ever had - anywhere. Their pizzas are outstanding and are packed with toppings. We love the place and hope that it stays as homey and down to earth and friendly as it is today. We support the local family run operations over the chains anytime, but this place truly is special.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite local pizza place. You can't go wrong with their calzones. Never had a bad meal. Only downfall is they are closed Monday and today is Monday and I want to eat there right now. :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Friday, food and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

On my continued theme of supporting mom and pop over the chains, Lil' Cucci's has likely received more of my support than any other local restaurant. The original owners and now Dale and Jenny are friends of the family that we enjoy spending time with, usually at school or sporting events. Dale's dedication to his staff and restaurant are noticeable. He has had several sibling pairs (or more of a family) work with him for years. The restaurant closes when a staff member gets married so all can attend. Dale and Jenny's dedication to the community is impressive; their support of their and our children's elementary school is massive. Sometimes I wonder how they can afford to be so generous but I realize it gives them great pleasure.
All this writing and I have not mentioned the food. It's all good!! I literally have eaten here 30-40 times a year for more than 10 years and I still do not have the magic of their tomato sauce figured out; be sure to get enough for leftovers because while the food is great fresh, it is amazing the next day after the tomato sauce works its magic overnight in the fridge.
We have had Lil' Cucci's help us with many family events and it is easy. Just call Dale in advance and tell him what you want and how many you need to feed and he will make it happen.
The Lasagna is great and gets devoured by my kids. The manicotti, eggplant parm, chick parm and turnover's (Calzone) are all good. I love the Cucci's Special pizza!
Don't be intimidated by the line on a busy night. Grab a menu, place your order and by the time your table is ready your food will be too.
Have fun at my favorite family restaurant in the Roanoke Valley.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped here based on reviews and was not disappointed. My Turnover was very good. I'd call it a calzone, but it was a bit flatter than other calzones I've had. Still, very similar. It came with a large cup of sauce to dip in. Many places like this just don't give you enough sauce, but this place provided plenty of good tasting pizza sauce. My wife reports that her meatball and cheese sub was also satisfying. The bun wasn't toasted or hot, but it was very fresh and tasty. Plenty of meatballs for a good sized sandwich. The restaurant is only a couple miles off I-81 and is worth the slight detour. Staff was friendly and attentive. Just good Italian.

• Visited March 2013