“Nostalgic....nothing fancy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem

You added Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   437 Roanoke Road, I-81 Exit #150 B, Daleville, VA 24083   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Nostalgic....nothing fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here last night with my husband, 3 children, dog and cat. While this hotel is absolutely nothing fancy, it was a nice stay. The rooms are extremely old and in reality, it's a motel as all the rooms open directly to the outside. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were very clean and I never saw a single insect....something I ALWAYS look for. There is a great swimming pool in the "courtyard" that my kids thoroughly enjoyed. It felt like I was a kid again, traveling with my parents in the 70's. The "free breakfast" left a lot to be desired. There was no coffee and the dining room had a very musty smell. Considering that most hotels charge a pet deposit, this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the pool, be sure to ask for one of the many rooms that overlook the pool courtya...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ssunny s, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for sharing detailed feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you had wonderful stay and you enjoyed our hospitality, services and amenities. We wish you comeback and stay with Howard Johnson Daleville on your next trip. Thanks for Staying with Howard Johnson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Harrisburg, N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Howard Johnson in Daleville on the evening of July 23rd. My room was very nice, all worked well. The bathroom was clean, and I did not observe any thing which would have made me want to leave. I used a travel coupon so my nights stay cost a little over $45.00. Pretty good if you ask me. It's kind of old, but the property is in decent shape. The only thing I noticed was that the air conditioner probably needed a little freon, as it kept the room cool, but did not freeze me out as it probably should have. Once again I would say, in this category (see my profile) you're not getting the Taj Mahal, but neither are you paying for the Taj Mahal. In it's category, this motel represents a fairy good stay at a very reasonable price. The staff checking me in was also very pleasant and very efficient. As a side note, she said she occasionally spends the night in the inn to get away from home. When she told me that, I figured i was probably going to be OK. Enjoy your travels!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thanks for providing insightful feedback. As you and other reviewer have mentioned, this hotel is old but kept in very good shape. We always take guest feedback very seriously and try to resolve the issues raised by guests on immediate basis. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you will stay again with Howard Johnson Daleville on your next trip. Thanks for Staying with Howard Johnson Daleville.
Ocean City Md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The rooms are average with free WIFI, a mini-fridge, and microwave. They are a little old but clean and the beds are comfortable. The free breakfast included scrambled eggs, waffles, sweet rolls, bagels, and cereal. I was very pleased with the staff, the room, and the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ssunny s, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you liked staff, room, and the price. We also request you to let us know if you think anything should be improved. Thanks for Staying with Howard Johnson Daleville.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem? Share your experiences!