“Great Beer selection” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Daleville
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Great Beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food is good. Beer selection is awesome. The staff is very nice but food times are waaay to long. If you go after 6pm on a weekend expect to wait 30-45 minutes for your food.

Visited April 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“Average, but let's say "high average"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Certainly in the range of average, but what can you say based on one experience, anyway? TCTH is new...opened last fall...so there has been enough time to get in the groove. Menu is complete, maybe too complete. After all, how many burger choices do you need?! But for this type of restaurant, that is usually my first choice: If they can't produce a decent burger, what can they do? The Taphouse Burger was fine. I ordered medium-rare, but it was a solid medium. Even compared it to the other burger on the table, which was ordered medium, and it looked the same. But it was still good and was juicy. And it was served on a bun that was a cut above what you normally get. Coffee was excellent, but it was hard to get a refill. The salad bar is obviously quite popular, judging from the customers queuing up for it. One member of our group got that and was satisfied. Do stay away from the tables right in front of the salad bar (where we got seated) because the queued customers will be right there at your table. I thought the prices were a bit on the high side for this area, but within range of reasonable. I'd go there again if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“New Local Tap House in Daleville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My family and I have been to the new Tap House a number of times since it has opened - most recently last night. Tuesday night is great (if you have kids), as kids do eat free. The menu is not the most varied, but what I have tried has been good. In particular I really like their burgers. My wife gets the veggie wrap, which she really likes. Last night I tried the boneless hot wings with the hot sauce and they were very good. Next time though - sticking with the burger. I have also had nachos on a past visit - which were excellent (especially paired with their beverages - which there are many on draft!). I see some of the reviews and I would agree that this place does still have some work to do, but many of the kinks that were there at the start are no longer there. They have come a long way since they have opened their doors.

*Great place to hang out and have a few drinks with friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, VA
“Great new spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The restaurant has a soup and salad bar for lunch everyday which is exceptional. The salad bar features more veggies than you can imagine and four home-made soups each day. With this buffet you also have a choice of a baked potato with all the toppings and breadsticks. As for the menu it is a basic menu with lots of salads, sandwitches and burgers. My group has ordered several different things and everything has been VERY fresh and delish. Now for the best part, BEER! They have at least 40 beers on tap (what a beautiful site) along with a large selection of bottle beer. It's a great atmosphere with super nice servers and guests!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great potential, needs to move faster”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I live just a few miles from Town Center, and the Tap Room is a welcomed modern feel to the growing area. I have eaten here several times, both at lunch and for dinner, and the results remain the same: excellent food, large selection of beers, a friendly atmosphere, but painstakingly slow service.

Most recently, I went for lunch with my parents (visiting from out of town) and my two year old. We were one of three families in the dining area for lunch. After placing our order, we waited exactly one hour before we had to ask for our food to be packaged up to go because my son was getting restless.

We have also been there on rather busy nights where ticket times are equally as slow.

So in summary, if you want good food and are not under a time table, then I would definitely recommend trying it out.

• Visited January 2014