“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Daleville

You added Super 8 Daleville to your Saves list
Super 8 Daleville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   446 Roanoke Rd, Daleville, VA 24083 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
Maryland
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Okay, I don't hand out 5 stars often--if at all--but this was the best budget hotel I've ever stayed at in my LIFE.

The hotel looks like it's been updated in recent years, and it actually looks better than some of the 3- and 4-star places I've been in. The room was pretty big and the bed was comfy. I had a fridge and a microwave in the room along with free internet, which was spotty in some places, but who cares. lol No bugs. No random stains anywhere. No missing amenities. Just a clean room and comfortable bed! You don't get that all the time...not for $60-something a night, you don't.

I had to check in a few hours early because of a tornado watch and horrible storm that was passing through. I really had to get off of the roads, but the front desk accommodated me quickly.

My only complaint was the bathtub--it drained kind of slow. But I have to tell you, I was thoroughly impressed. I stayed here because I was in town for the weekend (paid a visit to my school) and I couldn't see myself paying $200 to stay in Roanoke (sorry, I'm from DC lol). This is only 15-20 minutes away from downtown...I'd recommend to anybody coming to the area.

Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bravebird75

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed here overnight and agree with previous reviewers - it's a great value! Although it's convenient to the 150 exit off I-81, the hotel is set far back from the road, so traffic noise was no problem. It's near a number of restaurants of all types and less than ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The room was large, nicely decorated, and immaculate, with a really comfy king bed. The staff was very pleasant and breakfast, though limited, was fresh and well stocked - breads, pastries, jams, peanut butter, 3 kinds of cold cereal as well as oatmeal, fresh fruit, good coffee, etc. A computer and printer are available. Best of all, the AARP rate for anyone over 50 was an amazing $53, including tax!! We think the Super 8 is a Super value.

Room Tip: We saw a number of different rooms while the staff was cleaning and they're all large and well e...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbara1973
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed there on our way to TN and on our way back home. Both nights our rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Evening staff was very cordial, morning staff not so much at check out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We frequently visit Roanoke, VA and stay here whenever possible. The price for rooms is very reasonable, the place is well maintained, clean, and quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there are some very good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor facing the front are the best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Belle Mead, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here overnight for a Virginia Tech football game in the area, looking for an inexpensive hotel with decent reviews online (the booking was relatively last minute). While it is a bit far away from Salem/Roanoke (where the rest of our party was staying) the savings were worth the extra 10 minutes on I-81. It is located right off of the interstate but far enough away that we hadn't heard any of the traffic coming from the highway.

We arrived in town around noon to find the front desk clerk unfortunately having to turn away someone who had not made a reservation because the hotel was completely full. (Guess it isn't too far from Tech for some folks, after all!) We couldn't check in until 3PM, but by that time we would be at the game and wouldn't be back until late that night. I was apprehensive but everything worked out well: we came back close to midnight and there was still a perky front desk clerk there who processed our reservation in no time.

The hallways seemed nice but nothing spectacular, a typical chain motel off of the highway. But the rooms themselves were gorgeous: clean, ordered, and homey, our room on the second floor had wooden beams running along the ceiling and attractive, modern furniture/bed dressings, definitely feeling more upscale than you expect from a Super 8. The bathroom was clean and inviting, with complimentary toiletries, and while we didn't use them, there was a fully stocked coffee maker and an iron in the room as well.

There was an unexpected amount of comfort and style at this hotel, especially for being one of the "lower" national hotel chains. It's more than perfect for the Hokies fan booking a room in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I did my homework before coming here and it paid off. It was more than I expected, if you are obssesd with cleanliness, this is the place for you.. Renovated rooms, very clean, friendly staff; for accurate booking I was told is better to call them directly. It was the best Super 8 I ever been to, I will definetelly go back.
CV from Charlotte, NC

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I called ahead to confirm my super8.com reservation and was told that check in time was 2pm. When I arrived a nice lady named Gretta informed me that check in was at 3pm. So I cooled my heels for an hour or so. When I returned at 3:10 pm I was told that they were unsure if the room was ready or not and that I should go upstairs and check it! So I take the key upstairs where I encounter a housekeeping lady in the hall who says " Oh I had that room done before noon". I have stayed in lots of motels before but this was the first time I was asked to check my own room to see if it had been cleaned.
Other than the check in issues this place is better than most super8's. Only other problem was the window drapes hang over the A/C units supply vents and force cold air down into the intake which cycles the compressor off long before the room is cool, if you cram the drapes into the window sill the A/C cools properly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank FRANKIE569
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
#4 of 5 in Troutville
4.5 of 5 stars 153 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Been to Super 8 Daleville? Share your experiences!