“Check in time confusion ,otherwise okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Daleville

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Daleville to your Saves list
Super 8 Daleville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   446 Roanoke Rd, Daleville, VA 24083 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Check in time confusion ,otherwise okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I called ahead to confirm my super8.com reservation and was told that check in time was 2pm. When I arrived a nice lady named Gretta informed me that check in was at 3pm. So I cooled my heels for an hour or so. When I returned at 3:10 pm I was told that they were unsure if the room was ready or not and that I should go upstairs and check it! So I take the key upstairs where I encounter a housekeeping lady in the hall who says " Oh I had that room done before noon". I have stayed in lots of motels before but this was the first time I was asked to check my own room to see if it had been cleaned.
Other than the check in issues this place is better than most super8's. Only other problem was the window drapes hang over the A/C units supply vents and force cold air down into the intake which cycles the compressor off long before the room is cool, if you cram the drapes into the window sill the A/C cools properly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

The value was perfect. The quick overnight stay in this place could not have been better. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

A very nice, very clean motel which is situated very close to the interstate. (but just far enough away so that you can't hear the traffic).
The staff there were very friendly and helpful, and the room I was given was spotless.

However, the main reason for staying in any motel/hotel is to have somewhere to sleep, and this is where this Super 8 was a major disapointment.
The soundproofing to the adjoining room was so bad that the person staying there may as well have been staying in the room that I was in.
As with a lot of places, there was a doorway connecting adjoining rooms, and even though this door was securely closed, any noise from the next room could easily be heard in my room.
Sniffing, sneezing, talking etc, were all clearly audible, but at least if my TV didn't work, I could easily have listened to the one next door.

I think that the connecting doors are of a hollow construction, and there didn't appear to be any sort of a seal around them in an attempt to block the noise.

So, even though the room itself was nice, I couldn't in all honesty give more than 1 out of 5 for either the room or sleep quality

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
long island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

My 16 year old daughter and I are travelling to Alabama and we stopped in Virginia for the night. I had made a reservation at this hotel based on the best reviews from TripAdvisor. The hotel is very clean and quiet. It is 15 minutes from the city of Roanoke which is very nice. Paul checked us in in a very timely manner and was friendly. Our room had two queen beds and was very large. The only problem we had was the internet service. I brought my laptop but was unable to connect to the free wireless from my room. I called the front desk twice but nothing worked. Eventually I came down to the lobby and was able to connect. This was the only problem I had with this hotel. Price was right with my AAA discount. I would definitely stay here again. Also there is a great mini golf place about 10 minutes from here called Putt Putt Fun Center.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Skaneateles, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This recently renovated, immaculate, spacious room was a wonderful surprise. Frig and microwave in the king-sized room a bonus! Not your typical Super 8. A great place to lay your head.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My family stays here when we visit our daughter at a local college so some of us have been here four times over the last two years now and we keep coming back. Rooms are clean and nice. Free wireless works well. The price is right and I definately echo other reviews that service at the front desk is very nice and very helpful. There is a limited breakfast that is nice but don't expect too much.
The Appalacian Trail is only yards away, maybe next time we will try to hike that. I did hear that it is crowded for Virginia Tech football game weekends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This Super 8 is amazing for the price. The rooms are large with lovely modern furnnishings, fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. There is a convenient washer and dryer available for guests use. As has been mentioned by others the breakfast is weak. The breakfast eating area is large and inviting but the food could be perked up a bit. In addition to Wi-Fi in the rooms there is a computer for guest use in the lobby. The lady at the desk was very helpful and friendly and made many suggestions on places to go and things to see. The Mexican restaurant next door has very tasty food and gives a 10% discount to Super 8 guests. I am recommending this hotel to friends traveling in the area and would stay here again. Other Super 8 hotels could take lessons from this facility.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Daleville? Share your experiences!