“Thin Walls” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Culpeper
HARRISBURG
“Thin Walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I could hear every noise in the area. Doors slamming, walking in the stairwell, next room talking and TV noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good place to stay especially if you are travelling with a pet. The walls are very thin and the continental breakfast leaves much to be desired. It is very convenient to stores and major highways. Beautiful area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel itself and the rooms were nice. However, the smokers (including the front desk staff) stood right outside the door in front and in back making it impossible to get inside without dealing with the clouds of smoke. In my room, on a non-smoking hall it smelled terribly of smoke. I finally figured out that the smokers were standing outside under the air intake for the rooms and it was pulling the smoke inside. Since I am allergic to tobacco this was a serious problem for me.

Also, I travel several times a month and a "continental breakfast" at other hotels is far more than a few muffins and some juice. At the very least some fruit or yogurt should be included.

When I come back, which is 3-4 times a year, I will not choose your hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

There are very few hotel choices in this area that are backed by a brand name, so while it wasn't our first choice I thought we could trust that Microtel would have minimum standards in place at least. Surprisingly the reviews on tripadvisor did not stand out as very bad, but our experience was just that. I can overlook lackluster service, but for an economy brand without the bells and whistles of a full service hotel, cleanliness is the core of what you are buying. Our room was disgusting. The floor was not clean and the sheets were worn almost all the way through in spots. The bathroom was atrocious- the bath faucet constantly dripped and the tub didn't drain well. The vent was covered in dust and the bathroom wall was moldy. It felt more like I was in a room that might be rented by the hour. Corporate needs to check on this hotel- they are not representing the Wyndham brands well at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I went to Culpeper Virginia for business and I needed to take my pet with me. Microtel was the only place available with that service for the days we needed. The pictures on their website showed a newly updated motel, but that is NOT what my room looked like. The bathroom had a plumbing problem and their was mold on the wall next to the tub. The room smelled musty and like cigarette smoke. The room check in time was 3 oclock but I requested an earlier check in so I would have a place for my pet after the long drive but was told at noon by the check in personnel to check back and when I did at about 1pm I was told by the front desk that no rooms ( even those that were cleaned and ready) could be used until ALL rooms were cleaned. They said that it was Wyndham hotel policy. So, I expected when I did check in to find a clean room. That was not what happened! The room looked and smelled like it had not been cleaned. Particles were on the carpet and the bathroom shown on the web site did not appear in my room. I guess you can't believe the pictures you see on websites . In addition the only two public water fountains in the lobby were not working during my entire stay which I think may be a health hazard. The check out staff was friendly and helpful but by then I was done with the trip and wanted to simply go home. I was however more disappointed with the room and the representatives of Microtel ( check in front desk personnel) than I have been in any other hotel'motel chain I have visited in the last few years. I am a constant traveler for both business and pleasure so I have visited many facilities in the past. Since it was supposed to be a smoke free motel you would think that the management would have had some way to discourage people from using the front entrance as a smoking room, but that proved to also be an area of concern . There were cigarettes all over the grass and mulch landscaping. I will not recommend this motel to any of my friends as a result of these experiences. Shame on Wyndham for not doing a better job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper? Share your experiences!