“Best Restaurant in Virginia!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Restaurant in Virginia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We at lunch at this restaurant last October when visiting with some friends from Washington. We took some friends there this year for lunch. It has an amazing atmosphere and fabulous food. There is usually a wait but we got right in. The owner is friendly and walks around the restaurant talking with the patrons as well as cleaning tables etc. Our friend ordered the cheeseburger made from filet minion. He said it was the best burger he had ever eaten. We ordered the smoked salmon wrap....amazing also. The mushroom soup was superb, as well. We will definitely go back each year we are in Va.

Boise, Idaho
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Four of us enjoyed a wonderful lunch here. Service was good for lunch hour as every seat was taken and when emptied filled right up with more customers. Two of us tried two different specials of the day. Staff was cheerful and very willing to serve. Great presentation on food which arrived hot and was very tasty. Lunches range from $10-16 per entree. You have to pay for refills on soda here but no extra charge for refills of ice tea.

Marbella, Spain
“Excellent spot for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have eaten here five or six times in the past two years, always lunch, never dinner. It is a bright and cheery spot in the middle of town with easy parking nearby. They have an eclectic "European Cuisine" menu but I mostly always get their open faced ham sandwich which is very good. My wife likes their salads and they have a good variety of salads.

Service is prompt and the servers have an excellent grasp of the menus and offer suggestions and although I have not tried many of them, they all look good coming out of the kitchen.

If you are near Culpeper, it is worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Restaurant Week Rave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

During Restaurant Week in Culpepper, VA, I had the opportunity to eat at It's about Thyme for the first time. Without a reservation, and on a Friday night, it was a twenty-minute wait for my dinner companion and me. It was well worth the wait. (The hostess suggested passing the wait time at Thyme's... deli next door. Good call. The food looked great, and there were lots of interesting food items that could be bought as hostess gifts, etc.) Although the Restaurant Week menu was restricted in scope, it wasn't restricted in flavor. My friend had a pumpkin ravioli that was delicious. My choice of a pumpkin soup was a little on the bland side. We both liked out swordfish. Her Key Lime pie was better than my flourless chocolate torte. (My friend said it was like biting into a German chocolate bar.) It might, however, be a good choice for chocoholics who don't like sweeter desserts. The service was EXCELLENT. They have a Winter special going on in Jan., Feb., and Mar. It's a night's stay at their...B&B? hotel?, and a three-course dinner for two for $195. I might be checking that out. If you're a D.C.-area resident, I think that this would be a lovely way to spend a weekend. Unfortunately, it excludes holidays.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Culpeper
“Love this place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you haven't been here for luncj & are planning on going get the "open faced ham sandwich". I ect here quit often & always get that. Dinner is a beautiful experiance. Make reservations for dinner.

Visited September 2012