“Always excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Perhaps I'm biased as I grew up in Culpeper and every birthday was celebrated with a cake from Knakal's. The birthday tradition has continued to the next generation with even my son now celebrating his with one. And, of course, any time is a good time for one of their delicious donuts. My sister & I both do our best to convince our mom to bring us a box full anytime she visits our homes. Highly recommend a stop even if you are just passing by. It'll be worth it. Just arrive early for the best selection (especially on Saturdays) or call ahead to place an order. Nothing compares to a treat from Knakal's.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Falls Church, Virginia
“Always stop at Knakal's when in Cpep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Whatever you like - cake, cupcakes, treats, cookies, donuts tender biscuits - they have it; pick up fresh biscuits here and some country ham slices at Calhoun's ham house before you leave town!!

Visited July 2014
“Fresh and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Knakals is wonderful! From their breads to the fresh cookies and donuts, everything is always delicious. My boyfriend and I will decide to do a little shopping and stop in for a small treat in between stores. The bakery might not look like much from the outside (or even the inside) but it never disappoints! If you're in Culpeper you have to give them a try.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious baked goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

From their doughnuts to their cakes, hands down these are the best baked goods I have ever tasted. The blueberry doughnuts are my favorite. I even ordered my wedding cakes here! The carrot cake is amazing. Plus their prices are surprisingly affordable! (Bakery is take out only, no seating available)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntingtown, Maryland
“Yummy indulgences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Closed on sunday and Mondays. We went on Satruday morning and had some really good doughnuts. Not one to frequent doughnuts shops because they usually give me heartburn. These were the exception - yummy.

Visited June 2014