“Great BBQ in Culpeper!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Unionville, Virginia
“Great BBQ in Culpeper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Shawn's Smokehouse is located in a little strip mall on the outskirts of town on RT 522. Real slow smoked BBQ with the brisket being melt in your mouth. The chicken was the most moist breast I have ever had. I also enjoyed the ribs! So tender they almost fall off the bone. Stop by and enjoy some great BBQ!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
“Yummy Eats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I really like Shawn's! The staff there is always *very* friendly and helpful, always. The food is delicious as well! I really love the salad, but I've had some of the meat combos as well. Such a great smoked flavor. My favorite is the pulled pork. I gave 4 stars on food because the ribs aren't my favorite. They could be a bit more tender, but the flavor is still great! They also have great side dishes! Love the fries and the coleslaw. The only thing I would ask for are some sort of greens as a sides option, maybe some green beans or collard greens? Still, excellent restaurant! I'm glad it came to town!

• Visited May 2013