“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Exposed beams and brick walls very attractive. Food was excellent and restaurant was easy to walk to from our B & B

Visited April 2013

Oakton, Virginia
“Absolutely worth a trip to Culpeper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I had sampled this restaurant before, and remembered it fondly, and went out of our way today to visit it again. Our meals were expertly prepared, served by friendly and attentive staff, and we were given "tastes" of a number of wines before we made our selections. The food is incomparably fine, with a decided central European accent, and certainly very reasonably priced for lunch! Can't wait to have an excuse to go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sperryville, Virginia
“Delicious and Local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have eaten at Hazel River twice now and will be coming back for more. All of the food was delicious (especially the rabbit and the apricot and almond torte). Using fresh, local ingredients makes a difference! During this last visit, my parents (who are from Germany) joined us. At the end of the meal we chatted with the chef and my parents both stated that it was the best German food they have had outside of Germany.

Visited December 2012
Culpeper, Virginia
“Really good find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My fiancée and I have lived in Culpeper for almost two years now and never even thought to come here. Hadn't heard much about it so it never came to mind. My best friend recommended we try it out saying it was a great date spot. We decided to give it a try and went for Saturday night dinner. You can't see much of the dining room from the outside so I wasn't sure what to expect. When we entered, we were pleasantly surprised. You take a step up to the dining room which is very warm and inviting. It wasn't too busy so it made for a nice and cozy atmosphere. Our waitress told us that the building is historic and was used as a Civil War jail for both sides. That part excited my finance as did the ghost stories for me. Apparently they've had a lot of activity there and have had professional paranormal investigations there.

Our food was very well presented and made me feel like I was in a high class restaurant. We split the signature rabbit and crab cakes which were by far the best I've had anywhere. It was a plus they have a full bar. Our waitress recommended we try the beignets for dessert which was the perfect choice as was dinning there. Hopefully he takes me back soon!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wrightwood, California
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable atmosphere and more than accommodating for a large group with small children. Dishes were very tasty, well presented and creative. Would definitely recommend this place for everyday meals and special occasions.