We were supposed to stay in Charlottesville, VA but every hotel was sold out and in desperation, I called this HIE in Culpeper. Thank goodness they still had a suite and were super nice!
We got here rather late but our room was clean and had two double beds with a pull-out couch so my family of six was easily accomodated.
We took the kids swimming and the hotel pool was empty (a rarity) and really warm which was great. I think the chlorine was a little high since I was itchy and my husband's eyes were all red after being under-water but I understand that public pools always notch it up. My kids didn't complain.
Breakfast was pretty typical but there was enough seating for the six of us which we always have a problem with. It seems hotels have 100 plus rooms and seating for 15.
This hotel is also close to the highway and plenty of restaurant choices which is a plus too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Culpeper hotel offers close access to the best of the Piedmont River Valley. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Culpeper, in the quaint horse country of Virginia, is an ideal destination for history buffs, wine connoisseurs and nature lovers.If you re traveling on business, our Culpeper, Virginia hotel offers a great location near many corporate offices. Merillat Industries and Schwan Food Industries are both within three miles of our Culpeper hotel, and the Culpeper Fairgrounds are also just a few minutes away.Our hotel in Culpeper, situated in the Piedmont River Valley, provides close proximity to several of Virginia's most historic sites and attractions. Many important Civil War battlefields are also nearby, including Brandy Station, Cedar Mountain and Kelly's Ford. Famous homes within 30 minutes of our Culpeper hotel include James Madison's Montpelier home and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello home. Additionally, our hotel is near the Gray Ghost, Prince Michel and Unicorn vineyards. Tours and tastings are offered at these Culpeper vineyards daily.When you stay at our hotel in Culpeper, take advantage of the indoor pool and fitness center. Before heading out for the day, you can stop by the hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Reserve your Culpeper hotel reservations today and see the beautiful sites and historic attractions that Virginia has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Culpeper