“Best hotel in Culpeper!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Atlanta
“Best hotel in Culpeper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

There aren't many choices for hotels in the Culpeper area. HIE is definitely the best. It is consistent. We had a wonderful stay here on Christmas Eve. Bridget at the front desk was very friendly and pleasant. Check in was quick and our room was huge! Although we were there on Christmas morning, the breakfast was tasty and the cinnamon rolls were as good as always!

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Rating is 0 - The hotel charged me twice for my stay on 5/15/11 (I actually checked out the same day as needed to go home and when I got my bill and paid, I asked the front desk rep to make sure they didn't charge me again the next day at normal checkout - they did though - they charged my credit card again the next morning even though I had checked out and paid already). When I called in May (seeing the double charge on line) and again in June (when I got my Amex statement) I was told they would credit back the 2nd charge. The credit never appeared on my Amex. Despite repeated calls over several months and repeated messages left for Ms. Liz Moore, who did not return my calls, they have been unwilling to give me back the double charge. Ms. Moore finally returned my calls when I threatened to call my attorney. When she did return my call she was not nice and is still withholding my refund "till she hears from Amex." She is making excuses why she has to wait to give me a refund (gee I have been waiting 6 months!)- and never would acknowledge that I had been overcharged. Six months later I am still waiting for my refund of $108.90. This is so sad for the lovely town of Culpeper.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

When looking for a place to stay, I felt the price was too high for a place like Culpeper, but I just went ahead and booked anyway. The person who took my booking over the phone did not tell me the room was a smoking room- so we arrived, checked in, and I nearly passed out when we went into the room. I cannot believe that a hotel would allow that. I mean at least get an air filter or something if you are going to let people smoke!

Anyway, that wasn't going to work so we called down to the desk. We got another room, it was great. In fact, it was more than great. What better way to end a long, stressful day than to have a beautiful suite with a hot tub. Two thumbs up for the front desk agent (I think her name was Felicia). She was very nice and pleasant.

The bed was a little hard, but it wasn't too bad. Breakfast was great. And a 12pm checkout is perfect for when you have a kid that needs a nap at 10am.

I had a great stay. The service was great. Just do something about airing out those smoking rooms before someone walks in and dies of lung cancer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our suite was large and super clean. Breakfast began at 5:00 AM which made it very convenient for our early departure. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Arcadia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had just left a nasty dive of a hotel my work had tried to stick me with, so when I got there I was in no mood to be forgiving of the smallest mistakes. They made none. This is an immaculate clean hotel, with probably the best front desk people I have ever encountered. (All were above average, but Chasity is WONDERFUL) If it seems like I am gushing, I am. And I normally am hard to please. Thank you so much for improving my trip guys! You were wonderful!!! (If I still worked in the coporate world I would have been begging their staff to jump ship and come work for me.)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
West Friendship, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very good Holiday Inn! Not many options in this area this is the best. It would be very good anywhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Edgemoor, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We checked in quickly and efficiently. The front desk staff were nice, polite and friendly. The rooms were clean, the towels were clean. They had movies in the lobby every evening with snacks. the pool was perfect for the kids. the breakfast bar was awesome every morning. The computer room was great.Nothing but good things to say about the "Holiday Inn Express" at Culpeper Virgina. Definitely would return again or recommend.

Marsha Neely

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!