“Most affordable place I could find. Some issues, but ....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Most affordable place I could find. Some issues, but ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I got an excellent rate on this place and overall it was clean and could have been much worse. But, the front desk person was usually no where to be found, the smoke alarm had been pulled out of the ceiling, the wash clothes were threadbare, I could hear the iPhone alarm go off in the next room, and the bathroom fan started making a noise in the middle of the night...
I'm giving it 3 stars because the basic needs were met on a cheap hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MildedMinor, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Culpeper for your recent stay. I'm very sorry that you experienced these issues. We appreciate your feedback and will use it as a tool to improve our service and accommodations. Again, thank for choosing us and we look forward in seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I request a ground floor room upon check-in and was place on the last room on the 2nd floor. My bill was adjusted. I'm happy. I was also presented with a gift bag upon check-in. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
As the General Manager, it always pleases me to read about a guests positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to share with others. However, I do apologize that we were not able to honor your request for the first floor room. We make every effort to honor such requests but occasionally we are unable to do so.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hotel was pretty good. The rooms were larger than some hotels and in fact larger than neighbouring hotels to the Comfort Inn. Room was on side near homes, very quiet for frost few nights. Last evening had a dog barking in the middle of the night but that was no fault of the hotel. Room was very clean with exception of the bath tub because of the removal of an old nonslip floor mat. Breakfast was ok, but the breakfast area is very small and cramped. Pricing was good. Staff was very good. When told there was no shampoo there was no argument were handed ample amount of shampoo and soap. Frig, microwave and flat screen TV. WiFi was also good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello sir,
After reading your review, I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards, to the shampoo, I do apologize for the confusion. I am going to speak with the staff to ensure this does not happen again.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We checked in on a Friday afternoon, construction was going on outside our room and it was loud and noisy and the equipment impeded our passage to our room. The room was very deteriorated, perhaps they are upgrading, but I think only the outside. Television was snowy, bathtub was dirty. It was not what I have come to expect from a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello,
I am deeply sorry to hear about your stay with us. We strive to have 100% Satisfaction and we clearly did not deliver this time. You are correct that we were updating the hotel and the project has since been completed. If your travels bring you back to Culpeper, I invite you to contact me directly so that I can personally see to your stay.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for our anniversary weekend and couldn't have been happier! You can tell they have been renovating, the room was very clean, new bedspreads, flat screen TV, the works. The staff was very accomodating as well as super friendly. The cable was fuzzy in our room when we checked in, and the manager immediately came up to try to fix it, when she was unable she alerted other staff, by the time we got back the next evening it was fixed! Breakfast was delicious, and also offered different things every morning (breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, bacon scrambled eggs. (always had a waffle maker, juice, pastries, and healthy options too like boiled eggs and yogurt). I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MildedMinor, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Culpeper. I was very happy to hear that you were provided great service by our Guest Service representative as well as clean and comfortable room. We strive to provide the best service and I'm glad to hear that our service was recognized.
toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for three nights. I was givien a very reasonable rate. We basically wanted a clean place to stay since we didn't spend a lot of time in our room. The beds were comfortable, linens clean, bath room clean and PLENTY of hot water. Its an older building, but steps were being taken to update the place. I'd stay here again. Layla the night auditor provided really great customer service.
AND... if you go into Culpeper and desire a truly fantastic pizza, check out The Copper Fish on Davis. Good service and great food!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor so headlights from cars trying to park don't shine into your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
funtrip29, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I look forward to sharing it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Best Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The outside of hotel is falling apart,the interior of rooms smell badly of cigarette smoke,Old dingy decor although they say they just freshly painted.My room had holes in the wall,the exhaust fan in bathroom was so dirty it didnt want to turn,the bath room light flickered,need i say more!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the new Holiday Inn Express,cost a bit more but worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
funtrip29, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

You might be interested to know that we do have a planned exterior renovation coming soon. We also will be rolling out our new bedding program in the near future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

GM
Comfort Inn
540-825-4900

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!