“A good stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   890 Willis Ln., Culpeper, VA 22701 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
toledo
“A good stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for three nights. I was givien a very reasonable rate. We basically wanted a clean place to stay since we didn't spend a lot of time in our room. The beds were comfortable, linens clean, bath room clean and PLENTY of hot water. Its an older building, but steps were being taken to update the place. I'd stay here again. Layla the night auditor provided really great customer service.
AND... if you go into Culpeper and desire a truly fantastic pizza, check out The Copper Fish on Davis. Good service and great food!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor so headlights from cars trying to park don't shine into your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
funtrip29, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I look forward to sharing it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Best Regards,
Stephanie Coffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The outside of hotel is falling apart,the interior of rooms smell badly of cigarette smoke,Old dingy decor although they say they just freshly painted.My room had holes in the wall,the exhaust fan in bathroom was so dirty it didnt want to turn,the bath room light flickered,need i say more!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the new Holiday Inn Express,cost a bit more but worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
funtrip29, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

You might be interested to know that we do have a planned exterior renovation coming soon. We also will be rolling out our new bedding program in the near future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

GM
Comfort Inn
540-825-4900
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am currently staying at the property for a horse show in Culpeper. We are in the area 5/6 weekends a year for our horse shows and normally stay at the Holiday Inn. Due to availability we had to book at the Comfort Inn which I was initially hesitant about. However, when we checked in, the front desk agent - Jennifer - was one if the most friendly and helpful people i have ever interacted with at a hotel. She made us feel immediately welcome and at ease about the property! I actually work in the hotel industry and was reminded of the exact reason why we all get into this industry when we met Jennifer! There's no other options outside of midscale select service in Culpeper but the service at this property really raised the bar! We will 100% never hesitate to stay here again during our show season.

Thank you Jennifer again for being so helpful, flexible and hospitable! I hope you go far in your hotel career! You definitely make this property worth the stay and much more valuable during a stop over or quick stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

GM
Comfort Inn
540-825-4900
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I had to find a hotel near Locust Grove, VA. We didn't want to go as far as Fredericksburg so we looked at Culpeper. This hotel took me back in time becuase I usually don't stay in hotels where you enter from the outside, also when was the last time I had a "band" around my toilet seat that said "sanitized". Although that did give is a small measure of comfort, I haven't stayed in a Comfort Inn of that average quality in over 30 years. However, my stay was very pleasant, the front desk associates were very nice and allowed me to check in before noon and they had a wonderful breakfast buffet (full breakfast & hot). If I had to I would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MildedMinor, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Culpeper. I was very happy to hear that you were provided great service by our Guest Service representative as well as clean and comfortable room. We strive to provide the best service and I'm glad to hear that our service was recognized. We were also glad that the breakfast was at your satisfaction
Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My parents stayed here when they visited and insisted I praise the staff for their hospitality. They stayed in a non-smoking king room. I understand that with an older hotel/motel that still allows smoking, sometimes room smells linger, but even when I walked in theirs it was just fine. Room was nice, bed was comfortable, and the pillows soft. The front desk staff were very friendly. Housekeepers were very helpful with supplying extra towels and wash cloths. There wasn't any noise through the night. Breakfast was good. Overall, their stay was great, and I will definitely recommend others to this place and I know my parents will be staying here again during their next visit. We were told come Spring they are getting more inside room and outside facility renovations. If true, this place will be a step above the rest soon! Good luck.

Room Tip: The "back side" seemed more quiet. There aren't ANY smoking rooms back there, so they...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
funtrip29, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and feedback. I am so glad that you and your parents enjoyed your stay.

We value your business and look forward to your next visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this Comfort Inn on our way up to D.C. last week and were very disappointed. The microwave was filthy and when I complained to the front desk, the manager miffed the situation. Needless to say it was never cleaned throughout our entire stay. We thought it was very unprofessional. There was noise coming from another room and it looks like that particular area is rundown and sleezy. The clientelle were definetly not credible people. There was no updated tv guide for the television. I asked for a wake-up call and did not get it. The carpet smelled awful. It was not a pleasant few days for us. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check the reviews before you stay at any hotel. They are so helpful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to out to inform me of your stay at the Culpeper Comfort Inn. I would first off like to apologize for the actions of my Front Office Manager. Our number one rule when dealing with guest is to listen first before we respond or take action. If you are in the area again, I, the General Manager, would like to make up for your bad experience and show you we have a wonderful, respectful staff that is willing to accommodate your needs.
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had reserved a non-smoking room but we were given a "non-smoking" room that connected to a smoking room. The smell was awful. When we returned to the front desk the staff immedieatly said "it smells like smoke doesn't it?" If you know of a problem why not fix it? While walking to our new room we saw housekeeping walking into the smoky one with a large bottle of febreeze or something similar presumably to try to cover up the stench for the next unfortuante guest. After being moved another "non-smoking" room the smell was better but our bedding had cigarette holes burnt in it. The sink drain leaked directly onto the carpet below.

While the desk staff during check in was very accomdating, when we tried to check out the next morning I spent 15 minutes trying to find the person working at the desk. She had a poor attitude and did not seem pleased that she had to do work and check us out at 530 am.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to provide us about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Culpeper. I do apologize that your stay with us wasn't pleasant. Currently my team and I are working on ways to improve the condition of the smells in our guest rooms and also ways on improving staff service, so that each and every guest will experience the best customer service in Culpeper. I will definite share you feedback with my team in our next staff meeting. We would like for you to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Culpeper.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
BEST WESTERN Culpeper Inn
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa
Poplar Springs Inn & Spa
#1 of 1 in Casanova
4.5 of 5 stars 44 reviews

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!