“It will do in a crunch” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Knoxville, Tennessee
“It will do in a crunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I had to find a hotel near Locust Grove, VA. We didn't want to go as far as Fredericksburg so we looked at Culpeper. This hotel took me back in time becuase I usually don't stay in hotels where you enter from the outside, also when was the last time I had a "band" around my toilet seat that said "sanitized". Although that did give is a small measure of comfort, I haven't stayed in a Comfort Inn of that average quality in over 30 years. However, my stay was very pleasant, the front desk associates were very nice and allowed me to check in before noon and they had a wonderful breakfast buffet (full breakfast & hot). If I had to I would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MildedMinor, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Culpeper. I was very happy to hear that you were provided great service by our Guest Service representative as well as clean and comfortable room. We strive to provide the best service and I'm glad to hear that our service was recognized. We were also glad that the breakfast was at your satisfaction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My parents stayed here when they visited and insisted I praise the staff for their hospitality. They stayed in a non-smoking king room. I understand that with an older hotel/motel that still allows smoking, sometimes room smells linger, but even when I walked in theirs it was just fine. Room was nice, bed was comfortable, and the pillows soft. The front desk staff were very friendly. Housekeepers were very helpful with supplying extra towels and wash cloths. There wasn't any noise through the night. Breakfast was good. Overall, their stay was great, and I will definitely recommend others to this place and I know my parents will be staying here again during their next visit. We were told come Spring they are getting more inside room and outside facility renovations. If true, this place will be a step above the rest soon! Good luck.

Room Tip: The "back side" seemed more quiet. There aren't ANY smoking rooms back there, so they...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
funtrip29, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and feedback. I am so glad that you and your parents enjoyed your stay.

We value your business and look forward to your next visit!

Stephanie Coffey
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this Comfort Inn on our way up to D.C. last week and were very disappointed. The microwave was filthy and when I complained to the front desk, the manager miffed the situation. Needless to say it was never cleaned throughout our entire stay. We thought it was very unprofessional. There was noise coming from another room and it looks like that particular area is rundown and sleezy. The clientelle were definetly not credible people. There was no updated tv guide for the television. I asked for a wake-up call and did not get it. The carpet smelled awful. It was not a pleasant few days for us. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check the reviews before you stay at any hotel. They are so helpful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to out to inform me of your stay at the Culpeper Comfort Inn. I would first off like to apologize for the actions of my Front Office Manager. Our number one rule when dealing with guest is to listen first before we respond or take action. If you are in the area again, I, the General Manager, would like to make up for your bad experience and show you we have a wonderful, respectful staff that is willing to accommodate your needs.
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had reserved a non-smoking room but we were given a "non-smoking" room that connected to a smoking room. The smell was awful. When we returned to the front desk the staff immedieatly said "it smells like smoke doesn't it?" If you know of a problem why not fix it? While walking to our new room we saw housekeeping walking into the smoky one with a large bottle of febreeze or something similar presumably to try to cover up the stench for the next unfortuante guest. After being moved another "non-smoking" room the smell was better but our bedding had cigarette holes burnt in it. The sink drain leaked directly onto the carpet below.

While the desk staff during check in was very accomdating, when we tried to check out the next morning I spent 15 minutes trying to find the person working at the desk. She had a poor attitude and did not seem pleased that she had to do work and check us out at 530 am.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to provide us about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Culpeper. I do apologize that your stay with us wasn't pleasant. Currently my team and I are working on ways to improve the condition of the smells in our guest rooms and also ways on improving staff service, so that each and every guest will experience the best customer service in Culpeper. I will definite share you feedback with my team in our next staff meeting. We would like for you to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Culpeper.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Friendly check in staff, clean room and good value. It is an older property, the pool is small. But, overall fine place to stay, plus it has easy access to Downtown Culpeper.

I have nothing more to say about the place. But, Tripadvisor insists I provide 200 characters. Rather a disincentive to review places.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Culpeper. I will let my team know that you have knowledge our clean rooms and maintaining of the hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Culpeper.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is not my first stay here but it will be my last! The first room I was given was supposed to be non-smoking but apparently that was not the case the room smelled so strongly of cigaretts it actually overwhelmed you at the door and burned your skin as you entered the room! There was ash smeared on the sink. The second room was better but the walls were dirty and the rug was dirty. The "breakfast" was limited so don't plan on having a large selection.
When I called and spoke with the manager she was interupting and making excuses. She did not seem interested in improving the experience at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
James C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you so much your feedback about your stay at the Comfort Inn-Culpeper. I do apologize to hear that your stay wasn’t very pleasant with us. This comment will be share in our next staff meeting. At the current moment my team and I are working on ways to improve the odor and cleanliness in the smoking rooms. We are also working on building a stronger customer service level with each and every guest. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Culpeper.
Robbins, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My compliments to the staff. I stay in a lot of motels but never has the staff been so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Dinner advise from the motel staff proved to be excellent. I will certainly take my wife for a weekend get-a-way to this location. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your comment about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Culpeper. We are very glad that you had a wonderful stay. We strive to provide the best guest service and clean, comfortable rooms. I was very happy that our efforts were recognized. Your comments regarding staff performance will be shared with our team during our next meeting. Again thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Culpeper.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!