“The pool is open and crystial clear!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Culpeper
Culpeper, Virginia
“The pool is open and crystial clear!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western over the Memorial Day weekend and had a wonderful time! Checked in on Sunday, checking in was a breeze and very pleasant….of course my room was very clean and inviting. I got settled and the first thing I did was to go too the pool just to hang out in the sun. It was a little chilly but the pool was crystial clear and all the furniture was in excellent condition. I’m sure when I go back during the summer I’ll be in that pool!

Thanks to the General Manager and staff for another great stay.

William Scott
Culpeper, VA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed one night over the Memorial Day Weekend. Pleasantly surprised with the quality. Very clean room (recent upgrades?), well kept grounds, great breakfast, and pleasant reception staff.
Will stay again on next rip through Culpeper.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was a fine hotel--do not hesitate to stay here. The rooms were Best Western quality and the buffet breakfast the best in a BW we've have ever had! Grits, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausages, you name it all under hot lights and served from both sides. Well done!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This property is a very good value. The grounds were meticulously maintained, and the room recently renovated. The bathroom was furnished more like one in a luxury hotel than a value oriented Hotel. The room was very well maintained.

The breakfast bar was quite adequate with choice of sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and a variety of cold cereals. The coffee was good and there was a choice of juices. My only minor quibble was that the dining room carpet could have been vacuumed more frequently.

Will definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from may 2nd to the 5th. I was with a group called Relic Rescue and we were relic hunting a civil war camp site. When we got there check in was easy and fast. We got 2 queen beds and the room was nice but needed minor repairs but nothing that would keep me from staying there again if I was in the area. Friday night rolls around and that's when the headace started. Around 2am the bar must have closed on site and the two rooms next to us were up all night screaming and yelling. I got NO sleep and was not happy at all. When morning came I opened my door to go talk to the front desk and a used condom was right out front my door. I went to front desk and got nothing but a sorry. No discount no nothing. I was NOT happy one bit. As for the breakfast at the hotel it SUCKED. I have had better food at a soup kitchen I volunteer at so I would pass on that if I were you. All and all hotel was ok and like I said I would stay again if I had to and had no other choice. It would be nice if I got a call and bestwestern made me right that night but I am not counting on it....

• Stayed May 2013
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is an older property. Origionally a Holiday Inn. Exterior access, two floors set up with a central courtyard. Restaurant on premises. Full buffet breakfast included with room, including silverware, napkins and mugs. Not a huge selection, but real scrambled eggs and items like biscuits and gravy. Good selection of the usual stuff, too. Fruit salad daily, fresh fruit sometimes.

The hotel was renovated in 2009. Very comfortable beds, pillows and bedding, generous towels. Spacious rooms by current hotel standards, although not the size of some of the newer suites. King room has a small armchair with ottoman, nice for reading or watching the flat screen TV. Very clean. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

The staff are universally friendly and helpful. My first night of a 4 night stay, the commode "ghosted" itself on and off throughout the night. The next morning, the desk explained that their maintenance man would not be on property that day, but would I like another room? I switched out that evening, no problem. Wow.

Check out Orbitz for good internet pricing. I visit Culpeper for the HITS horse shows 1-2 times per year. This is my favorite hotel in Culpeper.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter. Queen rooms are smaller.