“Large Portions of Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Madison Heights, Virginia, United States
“Large Portions of Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I went to The Stable on Friday evening around 8:00. I ordered a Reuben sandwich (with mustard instead of Thousand Island Dressing) and he ordered the Cincinnati. Sandwiches come with chips and a dill pickle spear. I wanted french fries, so we ordered a "small" order of fries to share. The fries were good and the portion was very large, but with such big sandwiches (and chips) we did not need the fries. The sandwich was so large that I couldn't finish it either, so my husband finished it for me. Food was great and service was very good. It may seem that the cost is high, but you definitely get your money's worth, and you could even share a meal. We had a young man named John wait on us and he did a great job! We would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
“Good food at good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I had a really Enjoyable meal with friendly service. The prices were good. It's not as fancy as other restaurants on Davis street but also not as expensive, so it equals out.

Visited February 2012
Culpeper, Virginia
“absolutly awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ive never been to the stable until today and i have to tell you i read these post before i posted, I dont see how anyone can complain about this place, The food was outstanding we ordered f the special board, Reasonably priced, and our server was absolutly wonderful, on top of everything, the owner came and chatted with for a few. I have to give Loni and Chrissy to thumbs up !! We will be back to see you two again!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Culpeper, Virginia
“Huge portions, fresh food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

After hearing rave reviews from locals, we tried The Stable. Prices are a little steep for a sandwich shop, but our sandwiches were enormous, and everything tasted very fresh. However, both of our orders were wrong - in one case, something was missing, in another, it was completely the wrong bread. We asked for mustard and never got it. I had to take my empty glass to the bar for a refill, because once the food was delivered, we never saw the server again. On my way back, the server finally attended to the neighboring table, who had been looking at their empty glasses for quite awhile, too. Food quality was great - service was just about nonexistent.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Middling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We visited the restaurant January 2nd, when many of the restaurants in Culpeper were closed for the holiday, so a plus is that it was open. I had an oyster Po'-Boy which was a disappointment. It's the first time I've had one served with mayonnaise instead of tartar sauce, and the oysters themselves were just OK. Sophia had a sandwich which was huge but otherwise undistinguished. Service wasn't bad, but not particularly good either...slightly disorganized. Maybe it was the holiday. For us, the Civil War theme was also a minus. All in all, it filled a need on a day when alternatives were unavailable, but wouldn't be high on our list otherwise.

• Visited January 2012