“Okay For a Night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Easton
“Okay For a Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

There was nothing special about this hotel. Rooms are accessed from the outside, which is a turn off for some folks these days. That aside the rooms were nice... Average would best describe them. The few staff members I interacted with were polite, which is much appreciated. The area itself has some things to do, but the hotel location really seemed like a highway night time stop. That being said, this location was okay for the night as there was not much else to choose from in the area.

Room Tip: There were signs posted about the bar getting loud at night music. This area near the pool may want...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review of our hotel! We do realize that having exterior entrances may be a turn off for some, but we are working hard to renovate as much of the hotel as possible to make it a great and more than one night experience for you the next time that your through our town!

Cary Linkswiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is a nice, standard room. I didn't rate it excellent because of a bad experience when I had previously reserved rooms for me, husband to be, family, wedding party & guests. There were discrepancies about the price I was originally given which led to unnecessary added stress, but it all worked out. As far as the staff here, the cleanliness & the comfort everything was fine. There's a little bar/club inside the hotel which is nice. I like the fact they will let you switch your room if you the music is too loud to your liking (which I've never done). The breakfast is not the best for me, I can't eat eggs and I needed a little variety, but hey it's free.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your response! We are very glad that everything was able to be worked out with the hotel! We appreciate so much that you have such nice words about our employees and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff at this motel couldn't have been nicer. The rooms may have needed a little updating, but ours was very clean. Clean trumps decorating every time. We had dinner at the restaurant in the motel. It was after the normal dinner time so there were only a few people there. It was very good, and when our waitress said that she would see us in the morning, we were a little puzzled.
In the morning, instead of the usual cereal/juice buffet, we were directed to the dining room. There, we were given a menu with at least a half dozen choices of full breakfast items plus all of the extras. We ordered what we wanted and she served it. It was a very nice way to start the day. And, it was free.
Hard to beat this Southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Make a reservation in advance and you won't get a room that's available because the good one...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! We do pride ourself on offering more than just guest rooms and a continental breakfast! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, as well as your dining experience! We hope that you will visit us again during your travels on Interstate 64 in Virginia!

Chesapeake, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

With exception of HD TV, most of the room is well used, but very clean and in decent repair. First night the TV didn't work - someone had changed the TV channel from Channel 3 - and it was picking up cable. Called hotel staff and they didn't know how to fix it and they could not locate the maintenance personnel. This might have been avoided if they checked the room after the previous occupant checked out. Overall, though, an excellent value. Although next to the interstate it was not noisy. Breakfast buffet on weekend is better than the 'continental' breakfasts other hotels try to pass off as breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant response! We are sorry about the television not working properly, but do hope that you were satisified with the problem being solved.

Have a great day!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The appearance on the outside is an old Econo Lodge. I assume that they are remodeling an older place. Paid $109 for a king size bed and felt it was worth only $60. 1. Had a hard time finding a light switch upon entering. The only light switch was by the sink in the back. One corner lamp did not work at all, another lamp was unplugged from previous occupants. Mold in the air vent and mold even in the toilet. Toilet paper holder was missing the plastic rod to hold the toilet paper. The only elevator was old and very hot inside it. Did not stay for the hot breakfast they offered either. We got out quickly.

Room Tip: Don't stay for their price of $109, ask for $60 worth.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent response in regards to your visit to our hotel! Please know that we are in the beginning stages of a 3 year renovation, however, some of the items you listed should have been taken care of during your stay! I will address this with the hotel staff! Our elevator is approximately 2 years old, I do apologize that it was extremely hot inside of its chamber! We will contact the elevator repair company promptly!

Thank you for your review, as well as your stay!

Cary Linkswiler

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

On arrival the staff for registering was nice and provided us a room quickly. However, the room itself was musty smelling and quite dirty. The sheets were stained and felt as if they had not been removed from the previous visitor. The bed itself had stains on it as well, which looked like blood. I turned over the mattress which was clean. This let me know that the best has never been turned or rotated. Also the complimentary breakfast was not full. The staff members who were over seating the customers was extremely slow and unprofessional. I have stayed in Best Western's before and have never had a problem. This place however was not worth the money I paid and for the future I will drive past such an establishment. It was ridiculous. I would have asked for my money back but we were tired and just wanted to get some sleep.

Room Tip: Don't choose Best Western.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations! I will pass on the information that you provided to the appropriate departments for them to take appropriate actions! Thank you again for your stay, and we sincerely apologize.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is old but overeall clean. There is a bar open to the town's residents on Friday and Saturday and the music is played well after 1 am. I was a little shocked with the security of the place. As a single female who was traveling alone, I try to be on the look out for potential dangers. My key stopped working the 2nd day and I went to the front desk to have it reprogrammed. The ONLY thing I was asked was my room #. No id check, no confirming questions, nothing. I took my key and went to the room, where it still did not work. The maid happened to be on the floor and AGAIN without asking for id, he let me into my room. I returned to the front desk to ask for a key that worked and when I was not asked again for id, I questioned the desk staff. She said they normally ask for id but she had forgotten and she recognized me from when I checked it. I expressed my displeasure with her assumptions and finished my trip. Overall, I think it's a little over priced for the age of the hotel and horrible internet and cell phone connection. Next time I will probably spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel property! We look forward to hopefully seeing you on your next trip through Covington, Va!

Cary Linkswiler

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain View? Share your experiences!