“BW Mt View” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Chesapeake, United States
“BW Mt View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

With exception of HD TV, most of the room is well used, but very clean and in decent repair. First night the TV didn't work - someone had changed the TV channel from Channel 3 - and it was picking up cable. Called hotel staff and they didn't know how to fix it and they could not locate the maintenance personnel. This might have been avoided if they checked the room after the previous occupant checked out. Overall, though, an excellent value. Although next to the interstate it was not noisy. Breakfast buffet on weekend is better than the 'continental' breakfasts other hotels try to pass off as breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant response! We are sorry about the television not working properly, but do hope that you were satisified with the problem being solved.

Have a great day!

Cary Linkswiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The appearance on the outside is an old Econo Lodge. I assume that they are remodeling an older place. Paid $109 for a king size bed and felt it was worth only $60. 1. Had a hard time finding a light switch upon entering. The only light switch was by the sink in the back. One corner lamp did not work at all, another lamp was unplugged from previous occupants. Mold in the air vent and mold even in the toilet. Toilet paper holder was missing the plastic rod to hold the toilet paper. The only elevator was old and very hot inside it. Did not stay for the hot breakfast they offered either. We got out quickly.

Room Tip: Don't stay for their price of $109, ask for $60 worth.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent response in regards to your visit to our hotel! Please know that we are in the beginning stages of a 3 year renovation, however, some of the items you listed should have been taken care of during your stay! I will address this with the hotel staff! Our elevator is approximately 2 years old, I do apologize that it was extremely hot inside of its chamber! We will contact the elevator repair company promptly!

Thank you for your review, as well as your stay!

Cary Linkswiler

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

On arrival the staff for registering was nice and provided us a room quickly. However, the room itself was musty smelling and quite dirty. The sheets were stained and felt as if they had not been removed from the previous visitor. The bed itself had stains on it as well, which looked like blood. I turned over the mattress which was clean. This let me know that the best has never been turned or rotated. Also the complimentary breakfast was not full. The staff members who were over seating the customers was extremely slow and unprofessional. I have stayed in Best Western's before and have never had a problem. This place however was not worth the money I paid and for the future I will drive past such an establishment. It was ridiculous. I would have asked for my money back but we were tired and just wanted to get some sleep.

Room Tip: Don't choose Best Western.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations! I will pass on the information that you provided to the appropriate departments for them to take appropriate actions! Thank you again for your stay, and we sincerely apologize.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is old but overeall clean. There is a bar open to the town's residents on Friday and Saturday and the music is played well after 1 am. I was a little shocked with the security of the place. As a single female who was traveling alone, I try to be on the look out for potential dangers. My key stopped working the 2nd day and I went to the front desk to have it reprogrammed. The ONLY thing I was asked was my room #. No id check, no confirming questions, nothing. I took my key and went to the room, where it still did not work. The maid happened to be on the floor and AGAIN without asking for id, he let me into my room. I returned to the front desk to ask for a key that worked and when I was not asked again for id, I questioned the desk staff. She said they normally ask for id but she had forgotten and she recognized me from when I checked it. I expressed my displeasure with her assumptions and finished my trip. Overall, I think it's a little over priced for the age of the hotel and horrible internet and cell phone connection. Next time I will probably spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel property! We look forward to hopefully seeing you on your next trip through Covington, Va!

Logan, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This motel needs improvement. They are ignoring the landscape - dead bushes, straggly flowers. The housekeeping staff is not doing a very good job as we found two dirty towels on the back of the bathroom door! I got the feeling that the staff were not thrilled with their jobs as the hotel clerk told someone she had two more days and she was out of there. Overheard a waitress say that the motel was only giving so and so one day a week work. I am glad we had a discount card and did not pay more then we did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments of our hotel! As we strive to improve our hotel and guest satisfaction, we find these comments as a great motivator to create a better business!

Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Two-night, Sat & Sun inexpensive stay while working at the Homestead in Hot Springs, VA (25 miles north on VA-202). Front Desk Manager, Brenda, was SO professional and nice. She's moving next door to Manage the new Taco Bell. Convenient to have bar and restaurant on property, but weekend b'fast and dinner buffets could use a re-freshening. Although clean, the same goes for rooms. Comfortable, clean pool was nice.

Room Tip: Request room as far away from Bar as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments! We are very sad that we will be losing Brenda, but know that she will do great in her future endeavor! I will pass this information on to the appropriate departments, as well as your high praise to Brenda! Thank you for staying with us in Covington, VA.

Pawnee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way home from vacation. The hotel looks nice enough from the outside. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. Upon arrival we were told that there was a DJ that would be playing until 2 am so she put us in a room at the other end of the hotel. You could hear the music in the parking lot, lobby, and hallways, but our room was quiet. She also told us that there would be someone on duty all night and to not hesitate to call the front desk if anyone was making noise or hanging around outside our room. That concerned me a bit, especially since our room was over $100, but we stayed anyway. They are pet friendly and when we took our dog outside at around 2am everything was quiet. No more music playing and no one wandering around the halls or parking lot. Our room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Our air conditioner was a bit noisy and seemed to turn on and off quite often. There is a restaurant in the lobby. They have a list of menu items that you can choose from. My husband and I both got biscuits and gravy. He didn't care for the biscuits, but the gravy covering them up made them taste alright. I think there was only one waitress working so we had to wait a few minutes to be seated.

Room Tip: If there is a band or DJ playing ask for a room that is farthest away so you don't hear any of t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CovingtonLodging, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will stay with us again on your next travel through Covington, VA.

Cary Linkswiler

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain View? Share your experiences!