“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Covington
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is old but overeall clean. There is a bar open to the town's residents on Friday and Saturday and the music is played well after 1 am. I was a little shocked with the security of the place. As a single female who was traveling alone, I try to be on the look out for potential dangers. My key stopped working the 2nd day and I went to the front desk to have it reprogrammed. The ONLY thing I was asked was my room #. No id check, no confirming questions, nothing. I took my key and went to the room, where it still did not work. The maid happened to be on the floor and AGAIN without asking for id, he let me into my room. I returned to the front desk to ask for a key that worked and when I was not asked again for id, I questioned the desk staff. She said they normally ask for id but she had forgotten and she recognized me from when I checked it. I expressed my displeasure with her assumptions and finished my trip. Overall, I think it's a little over priced for the age of the hotel and horrible internet and cell phone connection. Next time I will probably spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel property! We look forward to hopefully seeing you on your next trip through Covington, Va!

Cary Linkswiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Logan, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This motel needs improvement. They are ignoring the landscape - dead bushes, straggly flowers. The housekeeping staff is not doing a very good job as we found two dirty towels on the back of the bathroom door! I got the feeling that the staff were not thrilled with their jobs as the hotel clerk told someone she had two more days and she was out of there. Overheard a waitress say that the motel was only giving so and so one day a week work. I am glad we had a discount card and did not pay more then we did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments of our hotel! As we strive to improve our hotel and guest satisfaction, we find these comments as a great motivator to create a better business!

Cary Linkswiler

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Two-night, Sat & Sun inexpensive stay while working at the Homestead in Hot Springs, VA (25 miles north on VA-202). Front Desk Manager, Brenda, was SO professional and nice. She's moving next door to Manage the new Taco Bell. Convenient to have bar and restaurant on property, but weekend b'fast and dinner buffets could use a re-freshening. Although clean, the same goes for rooms. Comfortable, clean pool was nice.

Room Tip: Request room as far away from Bar as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and comments! We are very sad that we will be losing Brenda, but know that she will do great in her future endeavor! I will pass this information on to the appropriate departments, as well as your high praise to Brenda! Thank you for staying with us in Covington, VA.

Pawnee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way home from vacation. The hotel looks nice enough from the outside. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. Upon arrival we were told that there was a DJ that would be playing until 2 am so she put us in a room at the other end of the hotel. You could hear the music in the parking lot, lobby, and hallways, but our room was quiet. She also told us that there would be someone on duty all night and to not hesitate to call the front desk if anyone was making noise or hanging around outside our room. That concerned me a bit, especially since our room was over $100, but we stayed anyway. They are pet friendly and when we took our dog outside at around 2am everything was quiet. No more music playing and no one wandering around the halls or parking lot. Our room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Our air conditioner was a bit noisy and seemed to turn on and off quite often. There is a restaurant in the lobby. They have a list of menu items that you can choose from. My husband and I both got biscuits and gravy. He didn't care for the biscuits, but the gravy covering them up made them taste alright. I think there was only one waitress working so we had to wait a few minutes to be seated.

Room Tip: If there is a band or DJ playing ask for a room that is farthest away so you don't hear any of t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CovingtonLodging, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will stay with us again on your next travel through Covington, VA.

Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

$5.00 cover charge to use the motel bar after paying over $100. for the night. Parking lot trashed by bar patrons.

Smoking allowed, ashtrays furnished.

Music so loud you can hear it in the parking lot.

Not a place to take a family or enjoy a quite evening.

Very limited breaksfast choices.

Room Tip: As far as you can possibly get from the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CovingtonLodging, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! The Cliffhanger's Lounge is not owned by the hotel! I have passed this information onto the Lounge manager for them to review! Thank you again for your response and we apologize for the inconvenience that was bestowed upon you during your stay!

Damascus Md, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Most hotels provide a free hot breakfast bar with eggs, meat, cereal and fruit. I like a little of all four items to keep my digestive tract fine-tuned during the long days of motorcycle riding. This facility took breakfast orders and charged for a second breakfast if you desired fruit or cereal with the eggs. I was not impressed and informed the server that I would inform BW Corporate of my dissatisfaction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CovingtonLodging, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Mountain View, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! We offer a full-service hotel here in Covington, VA! Our breakfast is a Full Hot Breakfast, at which you place your order. I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the setup of our restaurant and will relay this information to the management.

Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

On a recent motorcycle trip we chose this motel for an overnite stay. Reception was great. Rooms were up to standard and a full complimentary breakfast was offered in the morning. But, the best surprise was that it looked like rain so the manager offered me a cover for my motorcycle. No charge !!! . Just return it in the morning. A little extra effort sure goes a long way. We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodations! We are very proud to offer the covers that you speak of and make sure to have them on hand at all times! We do hope that you will again decide to stay with us on your next trip through Covington, VA.

Cary Linkswiler

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain View? Share your experiences!