“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Covington
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for my friend's family reunion. This is by far the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. I'm not fond of hotel rooms that allowed smoking so I asked for a non-smoking room and was accomodated without hesitation. The extremities didnt do the hotel any justice. It's outdated and made the hotel look suspicious. It could use a little paint and a new street sign. The banquet dinner for the family reunion was prepared by the hotel staff. It was delicious!! The hotel "club" was so much fun. The DJ was very observant and played music according to what the patrons wanted. Customer service and cleanliness can make or break a hotel. The customer service was more than I could ask for. Great job Best Western Covington!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
NYC, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I usually look for Best Western on road trips because of the consistency. You pretty much know what you can expect. This one was at the lowest end of what I expect to get for $100+. The rooms are old and smelly. We had rode our Harleys over 200 miles and it was getting dark, so we weren't in the mood to be picky. The next exit heading south had no rooms and we were told there were no more hotels for another 30 miles. So we turned back, went to the previous exit and found the BW. There really isn't much better in the area so we stayed the night. Next time I would go another 30 miles.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Smithfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Larger hotel chain right down the street did not offer a discount for Veterans or Military! Although this is an older hotel, it was well maintained and the stay pleasant. The location was great for the local area and surrounding attraction. I would stay here again on my next stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Nancy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed there for one night and really enjoyed our stop there after a long drive.
The hotel has different parts, some rooms have a pool view, others have no view except the back alley and trees. We were very pleased to get a room located where we wished to: facing the entrance and the parking lot (with our car right in front of our door), and the mountains in the back.
The lady at front desk was absolutely wonderful. We felt we got a warm hospitality there.
Not much to do in Covington except the Humpback Bridge just a few miles from the hotel, so we went there - a quite interesting old wooden bridge.
Couldn't find any nice restaurant in town so we had dinner at the hotel Mountain View restaurant. We didn't regret it. Our waitress was so friendly, really. Food was good, my friend got a bacon chicken with rice, I got BBQ pork. Oh and quésadillas as appetizers, excellent ! Wine list was limited but we could get our White Zin and Chardonnay so that was OK.
It was a saturday and they had a DJ at the bar so the guests could come there, enjoy the music and dance. That was nice, and pretty quiet in fact, we stayed there for a while, beers were very reasonably priced. The noise of the music doesn't seem to come to the rooms. Some locals came too, and seeing us (too girls alone) they became a little bit insistant about dancing with us. Well, that wasn't a problem, the hotel had two security men at the entrance of the bar, and anyway we just declined the invitation and left. But if you like to dance, that can be fun and a plus, really.
Room was very comfortable and clean, large windows and good beds.
Breakfast was OK, it's a buffet, was good to start the day with such a big meal (eggs, sausages, bacon, potatoes) and good coffee.
A very pleasant stop, we would stay there again with no hesitation. We won't forget the warm hospitality we got there from this hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
covington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place was the closest to our destination for the day. Well marked entrance up to hotel and it was near a major highway. The place is showing it age. The employees were very friendly. The breakfast was included and very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room and beds were fresh and clean. Staff were attentive and pleasant. The kids liked the pool. Located near all conveniency stores should you need to stock up during a trip. Was surprised to find the restaurant quite busy at 6 in the morning. Hostesses were fast and very efficient. Excellent menu for the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

While it is important to note that the hotel shares its grounds with a nightclub, they do so with FULL disclosure (with signage at the front desk even offering to set you up with a sister hotel in town if you'd prefer). I respect that.

I was apprehensive when I arrived due to the bad reviews...none of which mentioned they had been warned both verbally and through posted signs about the night club BEFORE they checked in, but I am glad I stayed.

The hotel lobby is nice and much more modern than the rooms. Each room opens to the outdoors motel-style and my door did not auto-close (so make sure to pull it closed behind you). The rooms are quite dated, though mine was very clean. The shower had adequate pressure and soap/shampoo/etc was provided.

The TV had a large channel selection, but the sleep function on their third-party remotes does not work.

I was on the backside of the hotel and it was quiet. I did find it humorous that a very intoxicated lady was being escorted out of the club by a bouncer when I arrived for my very late check-in. Even though she was incredibly drunk, she slurred a compliment about my car and I appreciated that.

Internet is awesome. I test every hotel on speedtest.net and this hotel consistently scored between an 8 and 9Mb connection. For a tiny town that didn't even have a 4G connection for my Verizon phone, I was very impressed.

Breakfast is included free with the room, and it is a sit down breakfast with a standard breakfast menu. I ordered french toast and it was amazing for the price. The tables, chairs, and wall decorations probably looked the same as they did 50 years ago and were very clean for their age.

All in all, it is a fine place to stop for the night. If you don't want to risk night club noise, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel or take them up on their posted offer to find you a room in one of their sister hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the night club and away from the lobby.