“Under new Management - Under delivered on quality and service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American
Hot Springs, Virginia
“Under new Management - Under delivered on quality and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last night I decided to give Western Sizzlin a try as it was under new management, mistake. I had stopped by last week and was informed by the manager/owner (later discovered his name is Mike) that they would open this week and invited us to stop by. Although I live in the area, I only eat at Western Sizzlin as it was not that good. Last night Mike met us at the door as the hostess was busy. We ordered from the menu, I ordered a Ribeye cooked medium. when it was delivered it was very tough and about bite three, discovered the center was raw. When I informed our server she showed the management team (sitting in the middle of the dining room) and they told her to tell us they would take care of it, which meant tell the cook, not discount my meal even though I could only eat three bites. They told Mike, he looked at us and just went to the kitchen not addressing his guess. The cashier asked about the meal, when I told her, she just said she wished she could do something about it, but could not. I left after paying $31.00 and will not return, I would have returned it they showed a little customer service or concern. I am also telling my friends not to go as I do not want them to waste their money of food that is not acceptable. Maybe they need to teach the cook to prepare food correctly and teach the server, manager and cashier customer recovery. Don't go until they finish these courses.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Millbrook, Canada
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The young hostess was extremely busy - run off her feat. The table she took us to was not yet cleaned and she ran to get a cloth. The cloth was not particularly clean either. The buffet had empty dishes and the one salad was just lettuce with minimal toppings. The desserts were dismal. - nothing more than canned filling on a crumb crust. Forget them. The presentation of the food was very poor. MacDonald's, which I very seldom go to, does a much better job.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sandy Hook, Kentucky
“Hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nothing to rave about really. Waitress was very friendly and attentive. Price average. Full hot bar, salad bar, bakery bar.

Visited May 2013
Covington, Virginia
“Worst I have ever attempted to eat.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hospital food has alway been terrible but this place made hospital food taste a like gourmet meal. Always wondered what prison food must taste like... if it's worse then this place, I feel sorry for those locked up... CRAPPPPPY

Visited March 2013
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Adequate Food at a Fair Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came in for dinner. She has the petite sirloin with baked potato and I has the Philly steak and cheese sandwich with onion rings. The steak was tough and overcooked. The potatoes was good. The Philly was good but on the small side. The onion ring were overcooked, almost like they were cooked twice. The dessert which comes with the dinners has cobbler which contained very chewy dough. Despite its short comings it was adequate food if one is hungry and tired.

• 2 of 5 stars Food