“Not bad for a road trip stop” 4 of 5 stars

Quality Inn Covington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   429 W. Main Street, Covington, VA 24426   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Covington
Troy, Ohio
“Not bad for a road trip stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The town is smelly (coal), and the room price is pretty high, but overall a pleasant stay. The location looked a bit sketchy, but we still felt safe. The rooms are comfortable (if a bit small) and the decor is nice. Breakfast was so-so, but better than nothing. A few extra amenities (pool, in room refrigerator) would have been nice, but it got the job done.

• Stayed September 2013
Moli K, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Covington, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you.

We hope to serve you even better in the future.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there this last weekend when I couldn't find a better hotel in the area. I originally chose this hotel because the reviews looked good and the pictures made it look good. The pictures give a false impression that the rooms are larger than they really are. The rate was >$100 and I don't believe it was worth it. The bathroom had a slight urine smell and a few flies like the ones you find in a gas station restroom. I will not stay in this hotel again. I would have rather paid the $170 for a better hotel on I-81. Along with the smell in the bathroom the ac unit blows directly on you in the bed. I did not get a good nights sleep due to this and the bed was not even a king sized bed, it was closer to a full. We arrived exhausted, around midnight or I would have complained.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The beds were comfortable but the rooms were dirty. There were bugs in our room and in the breakfast room. Small cups of liquid throughout the breakfast room, to catch the buds?? Our bottle of conditioner was almost empty (no new bottle, really), hole in wall in the bathroom, clothing size sticker on bathroom door & dirt smears on several of the walls. Breakfast was slim picking if we would have eaten, we decided to go elsewhere because of the bugs. Good location but it needs some attention.

• Stayed June 2013
Haymarket, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall, the hotel was filthy. Parking lot - dirty. Walk ways - dirty. Spilled coke, not swept in days. Garbage remained for the three days we were there. Staff said the trash was too heavy for them to carry... Housekeeping did not make up the rooms. Did not vacuum. Air conditioner was so noisy you couldn't sleep and so cold on the side of the bed that you either froze or fried. Breakfast was not worthy of being called that. Thank God for yogurt. They had glasses of bleach sitting around the dining area to catch the insects!?!?!?!?!?
Somebody needs to get to the place and clean house - staff, sidewalks, parking lot, rooms, trash, etc. One of the most poorly run hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent the last 2 evenings at the Covington Cork & Pork Festival and stayed here. Room was extremely small but not a problem. We checked in Fri afternoon. At 4:30 am Sat I made a pot of coffee but didn't get a chance to drink it. When we returned to the room Sat evening many things were not done by housekeeping: pot of coffee was still sitting there and coffee supplies not restocked, toilet not cleaned, bed covers were just thrown over the bed/pillows, soap or shampoo was not restocked (good thing I had brought my own). And one ply bathroom tissue? I didn't think such a thing was still made! I spoke to a young man at the check in desk, I asked to speak to the manager and was advised she would be in in the morning (Sunday) at 7am. The young man apologized and "appeared" to be writing down my concerns. When we went to check out at 8:30 this morning (Sunday) I asked to speak to Heather ( the manager) and was told that she was not in. The AC was so loud it sounded like a jet was landing in the room. And the breakfast bar was out of coffee... Very unhappy with this stay. When we return next year for the festival we will stay at Holiday inn Express.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nacogdoches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent one night here traveling home to Texas from DC. Trip Advisor reviews fail. This place is in need of better everything! Walls were smudged, bathroom so tiny you can hardly turn around, tub not clean & little build ups of crud in all corners of bath. Some kind of metal cover over toilet tissue makes it nearly impossible to unroll. Room was good size & beds seemed clean and were comfortable, I will admit. But AC would not adjust; was stuck on 61 and therefore freezing and no one answered front desk from 6 til 10 when I quit trying. We just used the fan all night. No breakfast in am til after 8 and the coffee was weak & tepid. We left and had breakfast in the next town. Morning desk clerk apologized & said the place is shabby & everything breaks. People in the room next to us , 2 adults and 4 kids, were cooking hamburgers on a tailgate grill and smoking up the place! The sidewalk was grubby and unswept. The oddest thing was the location....at the end of a very dead Main Street! No big sign, not out near the interstate with the other chain motels. We had to call the hotel to get complicated directions to even find it. Sigh. If you need to stay in this town the Holiday Inn Express & the Best Western look like the best bets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lumberton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the week of January 21. When I arrived to check in Sunday night around 11 pm the night staff was removing her toe nail polish in the lobby and there was a pack of cigarettes on the check in desk. I was too tired to really care what was going on and simply wanted to crash for the night. When I got to my room the screen on the window over the ac/heater was laying on the ground. The room was OK. I had a king size bed, 1 night stand, one small desk, one chair, and a TV armoire to be used for clothing in the back by the bathroom door. The bathroom was in very good condition compared to some I have experienced. The armoire was dusty inside and out, the toilet paper wouldn't allow the roll to turn so I had to dismount the roll to use it, and the cleaners neglected to restock the towels properly the first couple of days. Overall this is a decent place to stay, but if I return I probably won't stay here. I miss having a mini fridge and/or microwave. And the workout facility leaves a bit to be desired too. There is only an elliptical, a treadmill, and a small weight machine. The treadmill would not work reliably. It came to a complete halt while I was attempting to walk on it and I nearly hurt myself walking into the control panel at the sudden stop.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Quality Inn Covington? Share your experiences!