I have come to realize that this ABVI facility is not the best of the bunch, as I have had some issues regarding room cleanliness and upkeep in the past which I have reported to building management, however, I was aghast at the conditions of the room that I entered on my most recent visit. I have only a few picture files that I am able to download with this form, but would tell you that after viewing the room, it was very evident that it had not been properly cleaned by the following problems:
Housekeeping Related Issues:
- Fridge was filthy with spilled matter inside.
- Chapstick container left on nightstand.
- Empty shampoo bottle in the shower stall.
- Unflushed toilet (urine) and dirty toilet top.
- Mirror on vanity and counter space was filthy.
- Tray containing coffee and ice bucket also filthy.
- Picture on wall had unexplainable matter splattered on it.
- Bedspread had solid wax on it in several places and bedding was stained.
- The desk had pizza sauce and cheese dried atop of it.
- Stains visible on the door and walls.
Upkeep Related Issues:
- Door has a space through which you can see inside of the room from the outside where a new lock was affixed, but poorly crafted (a cm sized circular hole). I have reported this in the past but nothing has been done.
- Stink-bugs (2) found in room.
- Holes were found in the walls that are not properly patched.
- The sink fixtures are both completely different.
- Poor WiFi (one bar) and a “tube” TV that was barely functional.
I did report the problem to the night hostess on duty who was apologetic and offered a different room. However, I had already cleaned the room to my satisfaction, as I have found similar problems in the facility to be hit and miss in the past – I just thought I would give it one last shot having brought the problems to the attention of management during previous stays – and to be as honest as possible, I felt more comfortable cleaning the room myself than leaving chancing another which would have sent me over the proverbial “edge”.
See all of the attached picture. My goal was not to go further with my complaint, but the company did NOTHING regarding rectification of the problem other than notify the site owner. It has been a month and I have heard nothing back - TRAVELER BEWARE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn in Covington, Virginia is a 43 room hotel located off Interstate 64 in a small valley surrounded by breathtaking scenic views of the Appalachian Allegheny Mountains. All of our guest rooms are ground level and are divided among the property's three buildings. Our hotel is nature friendly with many grassy areas, trees, and beautiful flowers. There are several attractions and recreational activities nearby for your enjoyment such as Humpback Bridge, Falling Spring Overlook, Thunder Alley, and Skateland Roller Rink. If you love the outdoors, be sure to take a trip to Douthat State Park where swimming, fishing, and hiking are just a few of the many activities offered. At Americas Best Value Inn Covington, take advantage of our free wireless high-speed Internet access, free local calls, use of our guest laundry facility, access to our on-site business center, and wake-up service. Enjoy the convenience of our attractively landscaped picnic and BBQ area, fax/copy services, vending machines, and ice machines. Relax in your own private guest room with amenities including a mini-fridge, microwave, cable TV, coffeemaker, table with chairs, and iron/ironing board. At Americas Best Value Inn Covington, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your America's Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.