“Not Worth The Money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added America's Best Value Inn to your Saves list
America's Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   908 Valley Ridge Rd, Covington, VA 24426-6348 (Formerly Covington Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Covington
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not Worth The Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here on the 3rd of July. Checked in about 9pm. The room smelled, the bed smelled - as well as the pillows..ect.
The next morning when I went to check out, I told the lady that I was displeased with the room. She informed me she could not help me. I asked if the normal rate was $129.. She informed me no- they raise the rates the first week of July because of the PGA- which was being held @ The Greenbrier, 42 miles away. Normal rate is $79.00 . I told her the room was not a $129.00 room. She told me I could talk to the manager at the Best Western. I guess he has several he manages in Convington. Mind you I was not there for the PGA- the hotel was not booked up., I was on my way to see my dad. I went to the Beat Western, the lady at the desk told me there was nothing she could do, but the manager would be in about 1:30., I told her I would call beck. I did, he was not in, she took my name & number, he never called. I called back the next day, still no manager. I called again, I was informed he was at the Pizza place I could call him there. I did, was told to call back. I did - still no manager. Now I don't mind playing for a room when I travel. This was not worth it. If you stay there be prepaired -

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
abvicovington, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

We are sorry for the inconveniences during your stay and have noted the areas for improvement!

Cary L

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Millbrook, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Upon arrival there was no one at the front desk and we had to wait for several minutes. The woman, who was very pleasant, gave us a room that would not be exposed to the road traffic. The room was in good condition, clean and spacious with plenty of towels and soap. There is no restaurant on site but a voucher for breakfast, up the road at Best Western, is provided. (Do not eat at the restaurant next door.) We had to use the lobby computer at Best Western as there was none available at Best Value.

Room Tip: This was not a busy motel so there should be a room set back from the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place was a bit worn but it was clean,safe, and quiet. I ask for a non smoking room and their was no hint of smoking. It was a bit expensive but it was due to the mountain area. It was not difficult to find and a free breakfast at Best Western

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Best Western was full and they recommended this place. We should have kept going. Staff was nice, room was old, musty, linens and towels were old. I guess the room was as clean as it could be for as old as it was. The tub faucets were away from the wall with oversized holes, the door between the two rooms was flimsy and locks were not very supportive. IT WAS WAY,WAY OVER PRICED for the accommodations. Should have been $50 a night instead of $91.38. Never again, no matter what time or how tired, we will keep driving.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

There's not much good to say about this hotel. The photos available online must be very old, the rooms are not as clean and neat as the photos. I had a non-smoking room that smelled like it had been smoked in for 10 years. Everything just looked old and dirty. The towels were pretty worn out and a few of them had stains on them. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. The free breakfast they advertise is not even on site, it is down the street at the Best Western that is operated by the same management company. Best advice, stay anywhere else in town if possible, they can't possibly be any worse.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was planning on staying in West Virginia, but due to storms some motels closed and other full. I end up at American Best, ho ho ho.
clerk at front desk was very helpful.
room was hot musty and had trouble getting a/c to work.
Dark outside, but did walk to burger king almost next door,
I had room in back building which was quiet until about 1am someone was lost and tried to get into my room and beating on door.
Room used to have two beds and now one with old miss matched furniture. Carpet dark green looked ok, but bath looked and felt dirty mainly floor was rough.
Price over $80. with tax not worst place I stayed but worst recently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
abvicovington, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear George G,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. Please know that all complaints will be investigated and the appropriate action taken. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Regards,
Cary-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Covington, VA
Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The motel itself is not nice looking at all but there were no other rooms available anywhere else. The lock on the door was broken and would not stay shut. We had to put a chair under the handle so noone could get in. The room was nasty the couch had food and hair all over it. The bed was so hard that we couldn't even move the next morning and ached all day couldn't even sleep. Kitchen sink was dirty. The handle on the commode was broken and kept falling off. The toilet was running when we went in. The bathroom floor was dirty and had little bugs on it. There were two small spiders that came down from the ceiling that we had to kill. We turned the lights on and the bugs immediately were swarming around the light. When we were leaving the next morning we could not get out the door so my husband had to open the window and climb out and use the key to get our room door open. This room made us sick at our stomach but we had nowhere else to go. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Complained to the guy up front and he said I'm sorry. He did not offer to give a discount or refund our money. I notified the hotel chains supervisors and the owner sent back to me a customer unfriendly response. Totally unexceptible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!