“Avoid if possible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added America's Best Value Inn to your Saves list
America's Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   908 Valley Ridge Rd, Covington, VA 24426-6348 (Formerly Covington Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Covington
Richmond, Virginia
“Avoid if possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

There's not much good to say about this hotel. The photos available online must be very old, the rooms are not as clean and neat as the photos. I had a non-smoking room that smelled like it had been smoked in for 10 years. Everything just looked old and dirty. The towels were pretty worn out and a few of them had stains on them. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. The free breakfast they advertise is not even on site, it is down the street at the Best Western that is operated by the same management company. Best advice, stay anywhere else in town if possible, they can't possibly be any worse.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was planning on staying in West Virginia, but due to storms some motels closed and other full. I end up at American Best, ho ho ho.
clerk at front desk was very helpful.
room was hot musty and had trouble getting a/c to work.
Dark outside, but did walk to burger king almost next door,
I had room in back building which was quiet until about 1am someone was lost and tried to get into my room and beating on door.
Room used to have two beds and now one with old miss matched furniture. Carpet dark green looked ok, but bath looked and felt dirty mainly floor was rough.
Price over $80. with tax not worst place I stayed but worst recently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
abvicovington, Manager at America's Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear George G,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. Please know that all complaints will be investigated and the appropriate action taken. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The motel itself is not nice looking at all but there were no other rooms available anywhere else. The lock on the door was broken and would not stay shut. We had to put a chair under the handle so noone could get in. The room was nasty the couch had food and hair all over it. The bed was so hard that we couldn't even move the next morning and ached all day couldn't even sleep. Kitchen sink was dirty. The handle on the commode was broken and kept falling off. The toilet was running when we went in. The bathroom floor was dirty and had little bugs on it. There were two small spiders that came down from the ceiling that we had to kill. We turned the lights on and the bugs immediately were swarming around the light. When we were leaving the next morning we could not get out the door so my husband had to open the window and climb out and use the key to get our room door open. This room made us sick at our stomach but we had nowhere else to go. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Complained to the guy up front and he said I'm sorry. He did not offer to give a discount or refund our money. I notified the hotel chains supervisors and the owner sent back to me a customer unfriendly response. Totally unexceptible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel and it was WAY too expensive for the accommodations! We had a room that adjoins another room and instead of a locked door, there was a CLOSET door separating the rooms. The locks for the door were on the opposite side and a huge gap all the way around! I could see right through the middle crack at the men in the next room getting beer out of their fridge all night! I was never so scared in all my life! My husband and I put the table and chairs against the door to prevent someone from opening it! Plus we could hear every word they said all night!
The deadbolt to the outside door was broken and the cleaning service left the light on all day so when we came home the second evening, the room filled up with bugs and moths upon opening the door!
The only good thing was the breakfast at the Best Western (a facility that is owned by the same organization) was really nice. But I would recommend the Best Western over this place any day!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jnbnjovi,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you encountered. We have recently hired and trained new housekeepers. We also have a full-time maintenance person who addresses any issues should they arise. We will be sure to take any appropriate action where necessary.

Covington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The carpet had stains, blanket dirty,mattress cover had blood stains on it,DISCUSTING!!! Toilet seat loose, security lock was broke!!GROSS!! For $73.00 I have stayed in 4* hotels, this price is outrageous especially in Covington,Va. where there is nothing!! Will never stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!! Internet connection kept kicking me offline!! Nothing good to say about this place!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Debbie L,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I sincerely apologize for any issues you endured during your stay. Rest assured, we will address any issues mentioned with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We have recently added a new metal roof, resealed our parking lot, painted buildings and interior rooms. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Fredericksburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I have stayed at this property twice now. There is nothing special to look at from the outside, but the rooms inside have been redone and the property is clean. Dogs are also allowed for a $12 fee. All of the rooms are on the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

Staff was cheerful,very helpful. Our room had anything we'd need,was very neat and clean.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to America's Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!