“We Plan On Staying Here Again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Wisconsin
“We Plan On Staying Here Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights in February 2013. Slim-pickin's in this neck of the woods, but we were pleasantly surprised with our choice. The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel was quiet (keep in mind it's ON an interstate), the breakfast selection was great! Usual fast-foods near by, as well as a few chain restaurants. Hotel was clean, with great water pressure. We think this hotel actually had a better TV channel selection than other more "up scale" hotels we've stayed in. We will be staying here again in a few months. Guest laundry on site (one washer/one dryer).

Room Tip: As for a room away from the front, as the semi trucks on Interstate 64 can be loud.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The reviews of this hotel seem a little harsh to me. We found the propety to be clean and relatively trouble free. The running toilets and through the wall HVAC were irritants but expected at this price point. The property has been renovated recently and appears fresh inside and out. The food quality was much better than any of the Marriotts we've stayed in recently. The bedding and pillows were excellent. The price is a little high but there is not much choice in this dying town. One could easily do much worse.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtney B, Guest Services Representative at Holiday Inn Express Covington, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I would like to thank you for wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express in Covington, Virginia. We take pride in our hotel and I am glad we met your expectations. Our staff at Covington is one of the friendliest you will find. Thanks for visiting.
Rocky Mount, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Checked in tonight and had to go to three different rooms before one was acceptable. By acceptable meant cleaned and free of odors. Way overpriced for the quality. The heaters are old and also there is nothing else in this area to attract.

Room Tip: Stay at any of the hotels in the area as they are more reasonable and offer a better variety of good...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Covington, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear JEB985 ,

Ben J
Powhatan, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This room was clean and the breakfast was good but for the cost I expected something a little more above average. The staff was friendly and everything was in order in the room. But the bed sheet was too small. The linens, pillows and coverlets were nothing special even though the price was the same as an upscale hotel. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Covington, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Terri W,

Ferdinand G
wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Really, this rates somewhere between poor and average. First, we booked through expedia so I figured no problem. Wrong, first the desk person had the wrong credit card then said I had requested a special room on the 4 th floor which I did not. Finally, after some aggravation after a very long exhausting journey, we got the room. We opened the door and it smelled like vinegar and the air wasn't on. The front desk has to turn it on and she hadn't done that since I requested the room on the 4th floor ( which I didn't). I have to say the girl at the front desk was very sweet but had no clue what to do and had to call the owner. The place was pretty clean and you actually had to use your key entry card to get into the outside door which I really appreciated. So many don't and that's just dangerous. Their breakfast is minimal which is ok because I don't actually frequent those things but my Mom does. It was a one night stop over, the beds were clean and it was quiet. It could be better than what it is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Covington, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear eernuts,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you need to stay in Covington, do yourself a favor and drive to Lewisburg, WV (30 minutes West) or Lexington, VA (45 minutes East). HIE Covington is known for its horrible customer service and price gouging (My last stay was $170.00). The staff are unfriendly and trained to squeeze every last penny out of you. Air conditioning units do not work well, if at all. Alarm clocks are out dated and last time it did not even work. The beds are not comfortable. I am really shocked this hotel has managed to keep their franchise through Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Covington, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Dan F,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize if we fell below your standards on most of our amenities and if the level of service provided didn't meet your expectations.

I assure you that we take every comment seriously and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Upon leaving, I realized we had not yet left a tip for the cleaning staff. I left a tip for two different rooms, which meant leaving a note to indicate which rooms. I put my wallet down to pick up the pen and paper...and walked out the door without realizing I'd left the wallet behind. I didn't realize it was gone until we'd driven all the way to North Carolina. Credit card, debit card, gift cards, hundreds of $, driver license --- in other words, my life! Not one cent was taken; two days later my wallet was delivered to me intact. I will be eternally grateful to the staff for their honesty.
Now, for the expected info - the room was clean; supplies replenished daily; no highway noise, despite proximity to interstate and 5-lane road; A/C worked; the included breakfast was good - eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereals, breads, pancakes, etc.; fitness room clean w/towels; had indoor pool, but didn't swim; staff was helpful and friendly even *before* I left my wallet.
We will definitely stay there on our next trip to Covington!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Covington? Share your experiences!