“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here one night and very nice. The front desk staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. Only thing we noticed was the bathtub was dripping a little but nothing that keep us awake or anything. Very nice nights sleep and the breakfast in the morning was good. Personally, I feel the price was a little high but if we are in the area again, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I liked the stay at this Hotel. it was very neat. The Indoor Swimming Pool water was warm enough to swim. The Breakfast was very good. I liked the Cinnamon Rolls breakfast...
The Hotel staff was friendly. Its very near to the free way on the I64

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I arrived about 1 a.m. and the night desk clerk could not have been more awake and friendly! The room and bed were exceptionally comfortable, breakfast was delicious! Close to the main road - even though my room was at the front of the hotel I heard NO road noise :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ok, obviously this is not a 5 star hotel! However in light of the area and your options, this is a must stay. Most people are coming here on business. The paper mill in town is one of the few reasons this town still exists. Rooms are clean, the hotel staff is friendly, although they seem understaffed. This is a very beautiful area and walking out of the front door in the morning after a good nights sleep to see the mountains in the morning mist and fog is refreshing. The hotel staff puts out chocolate cookies each night, but you gotta get 'em quick! There is a pool at this location. As far as restaurants there is a new locally owned sports bar right down the road. Fairly convenient acces to I-64. If you come to the area you should stay here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Took to long to check inn, their wasn't anyone at the desk, had to wait about 20 mins. The sheets in the bed had blood stains and their were no towels when i want in the room. It took them about and hour after i called it in for towels at front desk and the breakfast was cold. So i check out and want to the hotel in downtown!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

After the derecho came through covington, my sick, diabetic mother lasted five days in 100 degree heat without power. On day six, she needed a room. When my father called, he was told a room would be 269.99 per night.

Stayed July 2012
Lockport, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

In late April, I was sent on a week long trip to the western part of Virginia to attend a conference at the Homestead (about 45 minutes up a mountain from the Holiday Inn). Because of the haste in booking, I was forced to book the Holiday Inn. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to hotels. I stay as the Sheridan, the W, the Embassy Suites or Hilton if the option is there. I had not stayed in a Holiday Inn, in fact, since I was a kid.

Check In

I didn't get in until late on Sunday night due to a 90 mile drive from Roanoke Airport. Being from Chicago, I don't do mountains, so I was freaked out trying to get to the hotel before nightfall. As I got into Covington, the HIE was the very first sign I saw. I parked and walked into a small but pristine lobby with a breakfast station (of course, not full of food due to the time on night) and dimly lit hallway. On the other side was the desk and there stood just a delightful woman who was as cheery of a person as I'd ever met. I was a bit of a grouch from all of the travel and she snapped me right our of that. She gave me my keycard, told me about breakfast and sent me on my way.

The Room

So I expected a run down hole in the wall. What I got, however, was an unexpectedly large room with new drapes, furniture, refrigerator and linens. There was a business station for my computer and alike as well as an easy chair for relaxing in the corner. All of this with a king sized bed and plenty of room to get around. I always bring my Playstation 3 on long trips so I have something to do and was delighted to see a brand new 42 inch LG HDTV. Even better, they give you and outside line to cable so you do not have to deal with those annoying "hotel channels". I was able to hook up my system no problem.

The bathroom was standards, but very clean. The shower, one could tell, had been added or refurbished recently. It was very nice.

The bed was very comfortable.

NOTE: The room comes with free WiFi and I kept forgetting the pass code, but the front desk was more than happy to supply as many times as I needed. Very kind indeed.

Breakfast:

Slept like a brick and woke up refreshed to find that their breakfast station included cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee and tea. Also had some of the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had there. Just fantastic. I asked the front desk for directions to the resort and they knew it without thinking twice.

Fitness Center/Pool

After 4 days of presenting, I needed some hot tub time, but everywhere I go there are kids splashing around like jerks in the tub. Here, I had the place to myself. A very small, but very comfortable and serviceable pool accompanied by 3 treadmills, some dumbbells and, of course, a hot tub were all mine for 2 hours on my last day. VERY relaxing.

Summary:

I will never come back through Covington. I mean, there is nothing there and the place smells like sewage due to a paper mill in the center of town. That said, if I do, I will DEFINITELY stay here again. Just a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: The view is great if you get a top floor. Glorious mountains.