“Good food, good service ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Clarksville
Cuisines: American
“Good food, good service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Attended Clarksville's Lakefest (which is something everyone should do at least once) and chose the Lamplighter for lunch. Clarksville is small and there aren't a large number of choices. Good was very good and service was friendly. Meal served promptly. Restaurant is older but has been maintained and was clean. Would eat here again.

Yanceyville, North Carolina
“Eat here every time in Clarksville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I eat here when fishing @ Kerr Lake. Have eaten @ several other places but this is my go to for a quality meal. Have eaten both lunch and dinner here. When not fishing @Buggs Island will drive an hour to eat lunch on occasion. It's that good. If they have it try the Blueberry cheesecake.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“Great little find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Was driving through Clarksville, VA and looking for a place for lunch. Sweet location at the foot of the bridge that crosses an impoundment of the Roanoke River that is also known as Buggs Island Lake. I wish there was a view from seating in the restaurant itself, but from where I was sitting there wasn't.

I was greeted by a friendly waiter named Walter, who couldn't have been nicer or more attentive, and had a delightfully engaging VA accent. I was a little skeptical at first, as there weren't too many people there, but I was kind of early for lunch. By the time my lunch arrived, which was pretty quick, it was filling up.

I followed the review of a fellow Yelper about the chicken salad sandwich and wasn't disappointed. I had it on wheat bread instead of a Croissant and it was packed full of delicious chunky moist chicken. It's a simple preparation of maybe just mayo, salt and pepper, which was nice, but I did add the pickle slices provided and it was perfect. There's a great list of sides and I choose the onion crisps which were so plentiful I took half of them home.

I treated myself to some homemade carrot cake. It was one of the most tasty I've ever had! A sprinkling of cinnamon on top of the frosting was an interesting addition. The cake itself was moist and flavorful and packed with walnuts! In fact, I think there was a layer of ground walnuts right under the frosting. It made it a little hard to get my fork through, but boy, was it ever good! It's a huge piece and had to bring half of that home too!

I'd love to return and try breakfast sometime based on some other reviews. The hours seem to vary and seasonally as well, so it might be good to check their website for those.

All and all, a great experience!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Surprising find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Lunch here five straight days. Quality of food, quality of service awesome. Great Reuben sandwich; they make their own corned beef, very fresh. Draft local brewery beer on tap - try the Devil's Backbone! Will absolutely go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynchburg, Virginia
“You can wear a tux or shorts! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We went to this local spot after camping at Occaneechee ( I know there's too many e's) ANYHOO our waiter was Ronnie (Ronald if he is in trouble) We had the Sunday Buffet with PRIME RIB....HELLLOO! All the other stuff was good too BUT THEN you try the Banana Pudding. It should have been called OMG BANANA PUDDING because it was sooooo good when people would talk about it they would say," Oh my God the banana pudding." And roll their eyes in delight. It truly was THAT good. So if you get a chance go by ask for Ronnie and try the OMG banana pudding:-) We can't WAIT to go back.

Visited May 2014