“Fanciest Restaurant in Radford/Christianburg area” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Vienna, Virginia
“Fanciest Restaurant in Radford/Christianburg area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I took my wife to the Summit Restaurant for her birthday while dropping my daughter off for college in Radford. The Restaurant service was excellent and the food selection was very good. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Food was very good but service was slow.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to the Summit based on a recommendation from a number of people. It was very crowded due to the fact that it was graduation weekend, but with our reservation, we were seated immediately. The restaurant is lovely and the food is terrific. The filet mignon was juicy, the crab cakes were wonderful and loaded with crab and little filler, and the crab encrusted grouper was fantastic. Unfortunately, the service was disappointing. We arrived at 7 pm and were served soup and salad fairly quickly but didn't have the main course served to us until almost 8:45 pm. A party of 6 that arrived after us, was served before we were. I would probably try the Summit again to see if it was just an off night. If not for the service, I would easily rate this restaurant 4 or 5 stars.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Aransas, Texas
“Charming - gem of a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent a week in Radford on business and stumbled upon this via Trip Advisor. The restaurant is charming, a restored Victorian home. For a small town, the wine list was impressive - no bar though, so beer and wine are the adult beverages. The crab meat encrusted grouper was stellar, mouthwatering. Our service was impeccable - you didn't even know she was there. She anticipated your needs and was very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, VA
“Disappointing evening, Uneven quality in both food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I will say first that I have eaten at the Summit several times and it has always been very good. However, I was disappointed when my husband and I ate there last Saturday night. They were very crowded although it seemed many diners were leaving when we were arriving. We were seated and after some delay, a server approached us and asked if we were ready to order. I said that we would like to have a glass of wine first. I assumed (my mistake) that there were no evening specials so my husband and I focused on the menu items. The waitress brought our drinks along with some bread. When I reached for a piece of the bread, it was very cold on the inside in several places so we had to send it back. She then brought us some fresh from the oven which was very good. When new arrivals were seated next to us, they had a different waitress and the first thing she did was go over the special which is what I would have ordered if I had known about it. My husband ordered the Chicken Arabesque which he really enjoyed. I got the crabcake and while it was good, about halfway through my meal, I experienced several cold spots in the crabcakes which left me wondering what was going on in the kitchen that night. I suspect it was just an off night caused by a busy influx of diners. It seemed that our waitress was filling in in our room (she was also working another room) doing just our table. It was obvious she had a lot going on while our room only had a few diners so I'm not sure why the switch was made. In any case, I will return sometime in the future but probably during the week when there is less competition for the servers and the kitchen staff!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baldwin, Maryland
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great food and service! The ambiance is wonderful and the selections unique. I look forward to dining there again!

Visited March 2013