“Enter as strangers, leave as friends!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansburg
The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1800 Depot Street NE, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Toronto, Canada
“Enter as strangers, leave as friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous breakfast, wonderfully accommodating, and delightfully entertaining! Rooms in the house are stunning, rooms in the carriage house are more private if that is what you want, and all have wonderful tubs. Two pet chickens in the yard, fire pit, enormous yard, this is a heritage home, with all the pampering.

Don't waste your money at a vanilla hotel, get some quality Virginia time with the lovely people running The Inn at Hans Meadow!

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed one night for my cousin's medical school interview not realizing it was a B&B. As soon as we spent just an hour there, we quickly became glad we didn't stay at a hotel. The decor and the rooms are beautiful and charming with everything you would need. The atmosphere was so comfortable and welcoming thanks to the two inn keepers, Lisa and Pam. They were so warm and accommodating, they made us feel like family. We had amazing fresh baked red velvet cookies waiting for us when we got back for the night. They asked us what time we wanted to have breakfast and it was delicious too! Waffles w/ berries and chocolate chips(inside), omelets with the works, bacon, and great selection of coffee, juice, and tea. They don't pressure you to leave either like with hotel check-out times. Our road trip from NYC was made very memorable. We wished we could stay another night and if I'm ever in town again, this is my home away from home without question.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Inn, but wish we could have stayed longer. We stayed in the Boone room and found it good sized, but cozy.There was a plush sofa and a recliner to add to the comfort of the room. It would be great for an extended stay.Pam gave us a tour of the other rooms, and each was more lovely than the next. The beds are luxurious, the baths are elegant, the rooms are full of fabulous, largely antique furniture. The common areas, the dining room and the living room are also beautiful. It's a beautiful old home that is well cared for in every way.When we were there, there were only a couple of other guests(awful weather) but our breakfast was prepared as though the house was full. It was a very full breakfast with lots of extras and attention to detail. Pam just about waited on us, and made us feel like we were guests in her home. In fact, we arrived well after dark the first night and she knocked on our door with hot from the oven cinnamon bread pudding, my husbands new favorite dessert! Don't hesitate to call and ask questions. Pam is like talking to an old friend.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are a bit more money, but worth it. My favorite was The Montague.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Hans Meadow during my daughter's VA Tech campus visit. We fell in love with the place. Lisa and Pam are awesome Inn keepers and very attentive. Breakfast was so good my mouth is watering thinking of the waffles and eggs. My fiancé and I enjoyed our stay so much we booked our wedding there April 2014. Can't wait for the special day at our special place. I marked Kids Activities as excellent because my 9 year old helped Lisa bake homemade brownies and tend to the chickens while we toured the campus. It was great not to have a grumpy younger sibling along for the campus tour.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated. The Inn was full and we didn't have any issues. Be su...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent the evening here on a quick business trip to Christiansburg. What a treasure! Having stayed in many BnB's before, I feel I have seen the gamut of what's out there. This is one of favorites! Personally, I stay at BnB's because of the chance to meet some new folks and enjoy conversations. Lisa and Pam were VERY accommodating, waiting for me to arrive late in the evening, and telling me all about the house. Wonderful inn and terrific innkeepers. I will be back when I can stay longer!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First of all, the Inn keepers at the Inn at Hans Meadow have obviously traveled before. All the little comforts from home are in your room. Q-Tips, body lotion, more than enough toilet paper, they have you covered! The grounds are beautiful!!!! And as an animal lover, I was thrilled to see that they are caring for the two cats who "came with" the Inn. Next, my husband was sick when we were traveling (head cold) and the owner offered to take him breakfast in bed!!! I was afraid that with him sleeping in he would miss breakfast, but there is no set time and no set menu!!! That woman is a whiz in the kitchen!!! Name it, she'll make it, if she doesn't know it (which I don't know how she couldn't) she will find it. I wouldn't let her take him breakfast in bed, I didn't want him to get that spoiled. And to my title...scones. I am not a fan of scones (well, wasn't) but bananas Foster scones!!!! WHO DOES THAT!!!!! Mrs. Swope (sorry...Lisa) does that's who! I am so spoiled now that I don't want to try scones from anywhere else!!! I have never stayed anywhere else before that made you feel like family. For as beautiful as the Inn is, for as lovely the antiques, you don't feel like you can't touch anything. It has the charm but not the museum feel. It just feels like you are coming home. I am now finding myself looking for reasons to go to Virginia. I am not a native of the area and it was a fluke that we ended up at the Inn, but I need to go back! I feel like I have left a dear old friend and I need to get back to visit. Lisa and Pam (yes, first name basis with the owners, that is how they treat everyone) understand the weary traveler, they understand that you are far from your own home, and they go out of their way to make you feel at home without seeming to be going out of their way. You are not their guest being at the Inn, you are a friend that they didn't know they had until you showed up. And you leave knowing that they will remember your name when you come back. And there will be a when, this is not the kind of place that is just a quick stop or a random place to rest your head. This is the kind of place that you plan your next trip around to make sure you go back! There are a ton of stories that Lisa and Pam have yet to tell, and I really need to hear them all. They are not just inn keepers, they are not just business owners, they are friends, friends that I'm so happy to have met. So to all other B&B's out there, visit the Inn at Hans Meadow, see how having an Inn is done right!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had at the Inn at Hans Meadows Bed & Breakfast in Christiansburg, VA! I spent the evening chatting with hostess, Lisa, sipping wine & watching Dancing With the Stars finale, while my husband watched football in the bedroom close by. Our early morning breakfast was fit for a king, Best Ever. Our stay will remain an unforgettable memory.
They made us feel like we were at home and not in a hotel. Dick & Bev Saylor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!