“Wedding Bells” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansburg
The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast
You added The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1800 Depot Street NE, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wedding Bells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Hans Meadow during my daughter's VA Tech campus visit. We fell in love with the place. Lisa and Pam are awesome Inn keepers and very attentive. Breakfast was so good my mouth is watering thinking of the waffles and eggs. My fiancé and I enjoyed our stay so much we booked our wedding there April 2014. Can't wait for the special day at our special place. I marked Kids Activities as excellent because my 9 year old helped Lisa bake homemade brownies and tend to the chickens while we toured the campus. It was great not to have a grumpy younger sibling along for the campus tour.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated. The Inn was full and we didn't have any issues. Be su...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent the evening here on a quick business trip to Christiansburg. What a treasure! Having stayed in many BnB's before, I feel I have seen the gamut of what's out there. This is one of favorites! Personally, I stay at BnB's because of the chance to meet some new folks and enjoy conversations. Lisa and Pam were VERY accommodating, waiting for me to arrive late in the evening, and telling me all about the house. Wonderful inn and terrific innkeepers. I will be back when I can stay longer!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First of all, the Inn keepers at the Inn at Hans Meadow have obviously traveled before. All the little comforts from home are in your room. Q-Tips, body lotion, more than enough toilet paper, they have you covered! The grounds are beautiful!!!! And as an animal lover, I was thrilled to see that they are caring for the two cats who "came with" the Inn. Next, my husband was sick when we were traveling (head cold) and the owner offered to take him breakfast in bed!!! I was afraid that with him sleeping in he would miss breakfast, but there is no set time and no set menu!!! That woman is a whiz in the kitchen!!! Name it, she'll make it, if she doesn't know it (which I don't know how she couldn't) she will find it. I wouldn't let her take him breakfast in bed, I didn't want him to get that spoiled. And to my title...scones. I am not a fan of scones (well, wasn't) but bananas Foster scones!!!! WHO DOES THAT!!!!! Mrs. Swope (sorry...Lisa) does that's who! I am so spoiled now that I don't want to try scones from anywhere else!!! I have never stayed anywhere else before that made you feel like family. For as beautiful as the Inn is, for as lovely the antiques, you don't feel like you can't touch anything. It has the charm but not the museum feel. It just feels like you are coming home. I am now finding myself looking for reasons to go to Virginia. I am not a native of the area and it was a fluke that we ended up at the Inn, but I need to go back! I feel like I have left a dear old friend and I need to get back to visit. Lisa and Pam (yes, first name basis with the owners, that is how they treat everyone) understand the weary traveler, they understand that you are far from your own home, and they go out of their way to make you feel at home without seeming to be going out of their way. You are not their guest being at the Inn, you are a friend that they didn't know they had until you showed up. And you leave knowing that they will remember your name when you come back. And there will be a when, this is not the kind of place that is just a quick stop or a random place to rest your head. This is the kind of place that you plan your next trip around to make sure you go back! There are a ton of stories that Lisa and Pam have yet to tell, and I really need to hear them all. They are not just inn keepers, they are not just business owners, they are friends, friends that I'm so happy to have met. So to all other B&B's out there, visit the Inn at Hans Meadow, see how having an Inn is done right!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had at the Inn at Hans Meadows Bed & Breakfast in Christiansburg, VA! I spent the evening chatting with hostess, Lisa, sipping wine & watching Dancing With the Stars finale, while my husband watched football in the bedroom close by. Our early morning breakfast was fit for a king, Best Ever. Our stay will remain an unforgettable memory.
They made us feel like we were at home and not in a hotel. Dick & Bev Saylor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This rating category is definitely not enough for this place. I would like to give 10 instead of 5. Excellence in all categories. Many B&B places and many high prize hotels could learn from The owners of the Hans Meadow Inn. This place is magical, professional, fun, cosy, historic, clean... and much more than any guest could expect. Not only is the standard quality higher than in any 5 star hotel (complimentary robe, water, coffee, wifi), but on top of it the owners (who have a great humor btw) add more and more to it. They invited me for a bottle of beer, I had the most interesting and fun conversations. It was like meeting your best friends after 20 years: A big hello & warm welcome. You can have your privacy - if you like. But I preferred spending some time with the owners which turned out to be such valuable , precious moments. Every detail is perfection. Even the highest quality of bed sheets, I have never slept in something like this. The breakfast was made with love and was extraordinary delicious! This place would be perfect for a honeymoon couple. There are two cats in the house who also take care of the guests: one of them sat on my lap right away. But if there are guests with allergies, the owners don´t mind putting them away for the time. I could go on and on. This 1850 built place is special, the energy in the house is amazing, and the owner are treasures. Warning: You might leave your heart there! It is worth driving a few hundred miles extra just to stay there!

Room Tip: All rooms make you feel like a royalty :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

It starts with the chickens and cats that greet you in the driveway, then it's the beautifully restored rooms and comfortable beds, and finally the ultimate reason to keep coming back to the Inn is the amazing breakfast. Served at a time convenient for you (not the case in most B&Bs) and made to order, it's the best part of our trek to Virginia Tech. To set the bar even higher, the owners Lisa and Pam also offer evening home baked goodies and wine on the porch or by the outdoor fire. This whole package is wrapped up in the warmest hospitality ever offered by owners. Lisa and Pam take the time to visit with guests and make you feel as though you are part of the family. It's like visiting a well loved relative and having them cater to your every need. The Inn at Hans Meadow is more than just a place to sleep, it's a place to gather with good friends.

Room Tip: Choose the main house or the carriage house. The carriage house is a little less cost, but just as n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Radford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staying at bed and breakfasts you come to expect certain things. A cozy environment, comfortable. amenities, beautiful outdoor spaces.. and often times good company. This gem of the new river valley has all of tthese things. We had a great stay and the hosts were fun and enjoyable. Whether looking ffor a place to stay in the area or somewhere to escape for a night out of the house the Inn at Hans Meadow is a great choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
#7 of 13 in Christiansburg
3.5 of 5 stars 159 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg

Been to The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!