“Worth the drive for me.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: Bakery
Floyd, Virginia
“Worth the drive for me.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I drive approx. 20 minutes to eat here. Everything is made from scratch and is fresh. The prices are reasonable, too. I've had a few of her sandwiches and they're all good but my favorite is the pulled pork on a moonshine roll. My sister had a scone which was the best she's ever eaten, her words, not mine. The cinnamon rolls with icing are large and sweet! I've not had everything she makes but I'm working on it. Come see what's new in Christiansburg, VA.

Wait! I forgot the chicken salad on croissant. That may be my favorite or maybe it's a tie with the pulled pork. See which one is your favorite.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Bethesda, MD
“Unique and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Tried for the first time and we weren't disappointed. One of the few places my husband and I can agree on. Was able to find a good lunch on my low-carb diet, but was tortured by the amazing looking deserts and homemade breads. Brussels sprout salad, vegetable soup, and iced chai were amazing. My husband loved his jerk pork sandwich, especially the moonshine roll. Friendly service and reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food... nice atmosphere.. nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here. The oat bread was fabulous! The muffelatta was good according to my husband. Really nice people running the place & a cute ambiance too... tablecloths & things that make it cozy.. sweet tea wasnt overly sweet ... it was just right!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a lovely find in Christiansburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My dear friend and I were surprised and pleased to stumble upon the Mockingbird Cafe & Bakery for lunch. I had egg salad on sourdough bread and it was perfect. Tea was freshly brewed and I had a peanut butter cookie that had to be shared! It was really big and scrumptious, Lunch was so good that I had to try it 2 days in a row and was only disappointed that they had sold out of almost everything on the shop!! People were very pleasantly waiting in line. Nice to see freshly prepared items and the service by a young man was excellent. So glad to have this cafe open and so alive!!

• Visited May 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“As good as it gets!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are honestly able to walk away from this cafe thinking that you will find a better blueberry biscuit covered in icing, anywhere... then you are kidding yourself! The food is wonderful and so is the staff. I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from this place. That's not good news for waistline.

• Visited January 2013