Located just outside of town and easy to find off I-81, the Holiday Inn Express in Christiansburg does not disappoint. We stayed there as we were in town for a funeral. Room was clean, comfortable and was up to snuff with other Holiday Inn Expresses we stayed at.
Our room was a King Jacuzzi mini-suite, the weekend we arrived was Radford University's parent's weekend and when booking this room on short notice the website listed the hotel as full. A call to the hotel put us in touch with a very pleasant desk clerk that told me they had just had a cancellation and one room was available. We jumped on the room as we needed to find something close to town.
The cost was a bit pricey but at $145 +/- for a few hour advance time was acceptable. The room did not disappoint although the wall paper over the bathroom door was peeling and the ironing board was broken (but still usable). After a long day of driving and attending the 1st night of the funeral the jacuzzi was a welcome sight. It worked perfect and was more than enough room for two.
The hotel was packed with kids and parents but remained mostly quiet except for the kids running and jumping in the room over our head. We called the front desk and they addressed the situation.
Hot breakfast was good with meats, eggs (omelets), cereals and breads. The coffee was good as well. Could not find a full juice bar 24/7 like other HI Express we have stayed in but the coffee was available in the lobby.
If you are staying in or around Christiansburg, the Holiday Inn Express is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Christiansburg is nestled in the beautiful Virginia Mountains along Interstate 81. The hotel is located minutes from Virginia Tech and Radford University. Blacksburg, Roanoke and Salem are easily accessible from the hotel. Enjoy the Southern hospitality of the area without sacrificing business conveniences. We have a very friendly staff that will make your stay feel like you are right at home. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Christiansburg, VA and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Christiansburg
- Holiday Inn Christiansburg
- Christiansburg Holiday Inn