“Nice comfortable stay, would definitely stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2725 Roanoke Street, Intersection I-81 & Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Austin, Texas
“Nice comfortable stay, would definitely stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Drove in to watch Hokie basketball game and stayed one Wednesday night. Booked one double-bed room online via ichotelsgroup website for $89 night.

Check-in was quick and friendly. Located just off the highway and easy to find. Room located on fourth (top) floor facing freeway. While sitting at the desk inside room I could hear people in the next room talk, cough, etc., but I did not have any problems with noise while sleeping. Virginia Tech campus was a few minutes away and ended up eating in Blacksburg before the game as planned. Discovered more choices for eating, gas, and other services on the opposite side of the highway. Bathroom was spotless, had enough towels, and shower pressure good. Property seemed fairly new or just a very clean hotel. Did not utilize pool or gym although would not have mind using. Used the business center to print out boarding passes. Only minor issue I had was with the elevator. When pressing the floor you want to go to it makes a buzzing sound. That could be annoying if your room was next to the elevator, but fortunately we had one about four rooms over. Enjoyed not only the free copy of USA Today newspaper, but also the local newspaper which was nice to have.

Took advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. Nothing fancy, but the eggs, croissants and cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven and apple juice were enough for this vegetarian to make it to the next meal.

Check-out was also quick and friendly. Overall a nice, comfortable stay where I wouldn’t mind staying again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Got caught in blizzard on March 1, 2009 on I-81. Decided to check in to hotel rather than chance the weather and roads. Smart idea. Clerk was very helpful. We requested and received a king bed on 4th floor, non-smoking, AAA rate, quiet. The pool was heated and adequate for a free indoor pool with a room rate less than $90. Towels were skimpy and threadbare but plentiful. Pool was immaculate. Exercise area was meager (2 treadmills, 2 walker type things) but both my wife and I used them and they were adequate. Breakfast similar. Continental, not extensive, but adequate and reliable. Given everything around us shut down, not bad for a blizzard.

Room was clean and quiet. Would have liked more towels, but forgot to ask. Internet was good and free.

Never understand why hotels put all their guests next to each other, though. A lot more privacy if one spaces rooms out.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Leatherstocking Region New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

As the title states, a HUGE ROOM! 2 Qn beds, refrigerator, microwave. Very clean room, and the bathroom was big for an express. Two people could easily maneuver around in it. Easy access from I-81.

• Liked — HUGE ROOM!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

After driving all night we arrived after we drove all over town because the exit ramp sign was incorrect. (We later found out.)
The hotel was locked at 2am.
One of my 3 children wet their pants as we waited, incessantly ringing the door bell. Finally I called 411 and got the hotel's number. 20 minutes later...
A sleepy clerk emerged from the breakfast area.
He had all my paperwork out so he knew we were still due to arrive with small children.
The rooms are nice and modern but our sofa bed sheets were not changed and sported loose dirt.
The bathroom only had hot water coming from the sink and the shower was scalding hot with no warm water.
When I called the front desk for new linens my phone was not hooked up.
So we went to bed 3 kids in the queen and me on the sofa not pulled out.
It was the worst night I have ever spend in a hundred dollar hotel.
The next day I asked for extended check out so the kids could swim.
They accommodated begrudgingly and extended us to 12.
Breakfast closed at 10 and we got down there a 1/2 hr before along with others. They were out of eggs and refused to make a new batch. Tho' said they could make me *one* omelet.

I was taking it all in stride until we went for a swim.
The indoor pool was ice cold. I commented to the maintenance
guy who stuck his hand in and declared "It ain't that bad." and left.
We only saw him again when he stuck his head in the door and demanded the kids to be quiet in the pool at 11:00 am.

So when we checked out I asked to speak to the manager.
They have a hospitality promise I didn't expect a discount, just to inform him and get an apology for being locked out from a chain hotel with 3 small children.
Instead the clerk said the manager was in but would not come talk to me.
So I called Holiday Inn direct and waited on hold for an eternity to
report the awful service.
I finally got my apology but I am done ever staying at a Holiday Inn.
Basically no one cared. They were beyond rude, especially the coward manager who couldn't talk to a paying customer for 5 minutes.

I advise anyone going through Roanoke to stay at the Hampton Inn. It's a few more miles north but we stayed there on the way up (and for the same price) got 100X the service. The clerk was at the desk upon arrival and guided me through to the hotel on the phone. No room or pool problems either.

• Liked — the refrigerator in the room
  • Disliked — the staff and management were rude
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but this one made a believer out of me. The room was spacious, CLEAN, and the beds were comfy. We were half-way through our long 12 hour trip, and we needed a good night's sleep. We walked in at 1am, and we were able to quickly get to our room. We asked for & received a non-smoking room. The rooms across the hall were smoking, and the hallway smelled like smoke. Surprisingly, our room didn't have any smoke smell (yea!). The hotel seemed fairly new, and the decorations were nice.

They had a small indoor pool -didn't use, so can't advise. I also saw a lady walking on a treadmill, so they have a small exercise room, too.

The breakfast was a definite plus. We probably saved $30 for our family of 4 to not have to get breakfast somewhere. They had cereals, muffins, cinnamon rolls, bagels, waffles, french toast, eggs, bacon, biscuits, juices, milk, coffee, etc. Everything was tasty & fresh. It was great! There was an attendant there the whole time refilling things as needed. The breakfast room was nice with several tables for 4 and a little "living room" looking area for a more casual coffee drinker wanting to read the paper.

Overall, a little pricier than I usually like ($110), but like I said, the breakfast helped offset the price a little. NICE place to stay, and I would definitely stay there again if I ever go in that direction!

• Liked — CLEAN, spacious room. Did I mention it was nice & clean?
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything. It was an overnight stay.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Stayed one night in the King Suite for only 109/night. Basic suite with a separate living area of a couch, coffee table, table/2 chairs, and desk with chair, microwave/fridge, wet bar. Bathroom was decent and new with the usual shampoo, conditioner and ample towels. Window looked out onto a vacant field. Checkin was quick and easy, girl at the front desk was nice. Ran into an issue connecting to a wireless, I was unaware I had to click an 'agree' link in my browser when i was trying to connect and instead phoned the front desk for an ethernet cable which i had to go down and retrieve myself but that shouldve been a part of the troubleshooting steps. Not a bad place for the price. Free breakfast was amazing, separate fancy dining area with a counter full of cinnamon rolls, fruit, biscuits and gravy, waffles, french toast, too many items to notice or remember but it looked great!!!

• Liked — Breakfast and hospitality
  • Disliked — connecting to wireless was confusing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express chain all the time on business all over the eastern and Midwest states and have never had a problem at one, including this HIE ! I found none of these issues that others have reported going on during my stay. As a matter of fact, the Inn was relatively busy due to the VA Tech memorial services going on.

·The three people I had interactions with at the front desk were polite and professional.
·The breakfast buffet was stocked to serve all, even through the peak breakfast hour.
·The entire Inn looks to be brand spanking new !! All public areas and my room were professionally decorated and absolutely SPOTLESS ! The hallway even had a light pleasant (fabreeze type) scent.
·I had a King room with an entry, kitchenette, living/dining seating area, bedroom area with desk and an additional cushy chair. The bath had snow-white towels, granite counter and tub surround. I could have had a party for 12 people in there !
·The small pool and fitness area were always available.
·As a woman traveling alone, I FELT A LITTLE SAFER due to the security measures in place.

I say all this for ONLY A $100.00 ?!?!? To those of you complaining about the price PLEASE, tell me where you are staying for less than a $100 for a suite, pool, fitness area, business center (WiFi, fax, computer, printer), impeccably clean exterior and interior areas AND a free breakfast (beyond a stale donut and coffee). I booked this same list of amenities in NYC (a different Hotel) and paid closer to $500 per night and it’s not a suite. Now I know it’s not NY but, in the scheme of things 1/5 of the price is a bargain in VA near a high profile university campus. This place is slightly better than the full service Holiday Inn in Blacksburg, that I stayed at last month.

Even if the “rude” people at the desk return, rest assured, you are not making a mistake if you choose to stay here!

• Liked — Easy to find and oversized room.
  • Disliked — Small lobby.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!