“Clean, large rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2725 Roanoke Street, Intersection I-81 & Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Clean, large rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3nights, and were generally pleased. The rooms are large and very clean. It is a fairly new hotel, and doesn't show much wear yet.
Our first surprise was when we came back to the hotel Memorial Day afternoon, and found that the housekeeping staff didn't work that day. The lady at the front desk was very nice, and brought us clean towels, toiletries, and coffee.
Our only other complaint was that the thermostat did not work properly, and we couldn't control the room temperature.
I know people have complained about the continental breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of it, so I really can't comment on it.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We attended my nephew's graduation from Radford University. For the graduation week they had a 2 night minimum. I was given the handicapped room (not requested). The room and bathroom were very spacious. The shower had steady water pressure. My bed was very, very comfortable. Even though I was near the elevator, it was very quiet throughout my stay. This hotel is next door to the Texas Roadhouse and Wal Mart, both of which I walked to. The mall and other restaurants (Red Lobster, Ryans, Panera Bread, the Olive Gardend, etc) are across the street. My only complaint is the breakfast buffet - the pan of eggs was empty for over 15 minutes. Instead of waiting for pans to be refilled we drove to Hardees. My brother-n-law enjoyed the hotel bar. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at this property on our way back home from South Carolina. The property is situated in a quiet area of town but is only a few minutes away from the business district. We had gotten there quite late in the evening and left early in the morning so I really didn't get a chance to experience much here but the room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the overall property was well kept.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
West Shokan, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were on a road trip and were ready to stop at Christianburg, VA after driving for over 10 hours. We were beat to say the least. The ladies at the front desk were so friendly and professional. We had the usual AARP, AAA, etc.....and they offered up a discount immediately without having to haggle. I told them I was a light sleeper and they gave us a room on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. I actually slept well. The bedding was comfortable with clean, white sheets. The bathroom was spotless. I actually took a bath which I never do when travelling (sort of icky!). We were quite surprised that a nice breakfast was included. The breakfast area was well stocked and very clean. Every staff member from the cleaning people, the nice young gentleman who acknowledged us in the elevator, to the ladies at the front desk were wonderful and their goal is obvious that they are aiming for perfect customer service. Because of our experience here, we stayed at another Holiday Inn Express on our way home and will continue to use this franchise as our go to place whenever possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerdale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was a very nice surprise. We decided to make an unplanned stop in Christianburg during our road trip. This hotel was very nice, took our AAA discount, had free breakfast and an indoor pool for the kids. Pool was quite chilly, but the kids didn't care. Very nice hotel, friendly staff and easy to get in an out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Deerfield beach Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Arrived after a 9 hr drive. The woman at the front desk was very friendly with a prompt quick check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The best pillows and blankets. They also had a great breakfast setup. Wish I could have stayed another night. Highly recommend if your passing through christiansburg for the night.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Arnprior, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was the second time we've stayed at this hotel and the front desk fellow (Eric) was just great. He remembered me from last November. He gave us an upgraded room that was very nice. The room was very comfortable and clean. Eric also gave us excellent directions to Walmart as well as suggestions for local restaurants. The breakfast the following morning was very good with a good variety of food. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor with access through the side door.