“Greatest Hotel in the Christiansburg Area!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2725 Roanoke Street, Intersection I-81 & Exit 118C, Christiansburg, VA 24073   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Buffalo, New York
“Greatest Hotel in the Christiansburg Area!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while passing through Virginia on my trip back to New York. The last time that I stayed in Christiansburg, I decided to stay at another hotel, and my experience has horrible. When I got there, I found that the staff was very accommodating and the manager on duty Alan was a very nice person. I loved my room, and housekeepers were very nice and did a very through job of keeping my room nice a tidy. The next time I have to stay at a hotel in this town, I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 3rd floor. Very quite, clean, and good housekeeping services.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alan HIEX J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for you kind words. I love New York, from the city to the mountains. Somehow our hotel always seems to be halfway to anywhere. We have to… and want to, stay prepared for all guests so we may receive this type of response.

I know that our staff, especially housekeeping enjoyed reading this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff accommodated our every need... Our room wasn't ready and they upgraded us to a king suite... We needed late check out and that was ok. Our whole stay, the staff from front desk to cleaning staff to maintenance were friendly, helpful and welcoming. My daughter was swimming at a meet, and they even inquired about how she did... Great staff. Breakfast in morning was very convenient and good variety.

• Stayed July 2012
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

OK my cousin had a room here for four nights in a suite.i had made a reservation for another room. well my cousins left a day early and gave us there room. the staff loved to help us and canceled our reservation no problem. our room was so nice and clean the ac works great everything was wonderful. the breakfast was homemade and was delicious tons of variety. the staff is sooo friendly and nice. the pool was very nice as well as the fitness center. there are lots of restaurants and gas stations around and its just a short drive to blacks-burg best hotel ever stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is your typical Holiday Inn Express; the room, staff, and breakfast were all consistent with similar hotels of the brand. The hotel is on the quiet side of the highway from other stores. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We are fond of overnight trips and so have stayed in many a hotels. This Holiday Inn was okay. We have a very active five-year old boy and a pool is necessary. This HI Express has a pool...one of the smallest I've seen, but it's a pool!
The room was clean and comfortable. We used the refrigerator and the microwave. I have noticed that these amenities aren't a given anymore and so that was nice.
The fitness center had just an elliptical and a treadmill. Top of the line equipment, but a good workout can't be guaranteed. Unless of course you don't share!
The breakfast in the morning was all right. I really prefer more healthful choices, but the basics were there.
We will be passing through this area on our way home and I plan on looking for a different hotel.

Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
happythreesome,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the facilities of the hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Tolland, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Holiday Inn is the worst company ever - made a reservation for Christiansburg, VA and they REFUSE to cancel it given I accidentially hit the "advance rate" button which is non-refundable. I called once I realized my mistake but they REFUSED to adjust the reservation. Worst company ever. Will NEVER use Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Amanda W,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Martinsburg,WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I stay here when traveling to visit his family in Southern WV. Location is very convenient off of I-81. Rooms are large compared to other HIE hotels where we have stayed and the staff could not be more friendly and accommodating! Breakfast is always fully stocked and staff continue to monitor it and are readily available for any requests. Our most recent stay was March 1 and at check out the next morning, the front desk clerk was incredibly friendly and went out of his way to assist us to find our Priority Club number after having lost our card. We will continue to make this our number one choice in the area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!