“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Galax, Virginia
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A busy facility because of its close proximity to the highway, its about 20minutes from Christiansburg.
You have to drive into the city/town of Radford to get any meal or restaurant. Staffs were very friendly. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for 4 nights. The room was very comfortable and the bed was as well. I had a king room on the second floor. It was very spacious. The only complaint I have with my room was the bathroom was never cleaned at all during my stay. The trash can was emptied in the bathroom but nothing else. The used shampoo, conditioner and soap never taken out of the shower. The breakfast was good. The lady maintaining the breakfast deserves a raise. She worked nonstop and did a very good job! She always said hello and went out of her way to help any customers looking for something. I had trouble checking out but all was fixed with a smile.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Stayed overnight as hotel was located near venue of an event I was attending. Way too much hair in the bathroom on arrival. One expects a bit extra in their biggest room but not this kind of extra. Noisy place, doors slamming, loud conversations in the hall way, thin walls, etc. Service was friendly though. Standard two or three star buffet breakfast was included, that was helpful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Roanoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I checked in the night of 10/20/2014. With little said by the desk clerk, /i was given 2 keys, shown a piece of paper, but given no record or receipt of my stay. While I was asking to be sure I had a room in a very quiet location, the card keys had already been presented. The clerk told me where the room was, I had to re-ask as she wanted to take as little time as possible.

I find that mold/mildew stains remained in the bottom of the tub on the non-slip surface. I find live mold/mildew cultures growing on the caulking around the tub and I find the bathroom floors in need of cleaning.

On both beds, you can easily see permanent remnants of stains/discoloration in the sheets. I choose the cleaner of the two.

The carpet in the room had a damp feel to it.

Later in the night, as a pillow case is slipping off the pillow, I see no protective covers over the pillow itself. What exists in the filling of the pillow is two layers of fabric from me. I find dark stains on another pillow. I call the desk, no answer.

I go to adjust the temperature controls and find the settings knobs and control panel on the HVAC unit to be very dirty.

I finally just go to sleep. I wake up through the night to doors slamming...obviously not a quiet area as I'd asked for. I wake up on the 21st to the sound of a dark barking in a nearby room or the hallway. I didn't know pets stayed in this hotel. When I'm awake, I feel a sharp pain in my right arm to find a bad insect bite. Later in the day, I ask a nurse friend of mine about it and she confirms it is the bite of a bedbug.

The inattentive staff, super dirty conditions, dog barking, and everything else I mentioned should tell anyone how this place is operated. I will never stay here again. While I've stayed in worse places by far in different parts of the world, this Choice Hotels property did not live up to any reasonable expectation one would assume the brand conveys.

Yes, I took a photographic record if the franchise owner, not the manager, requests them.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you care about your health or having a peaceful place to stay.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Floyds Knobs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

We stayed here last year and were very happy with our accommodations. This year when we returned to visit VT, this was our first choice hotel and it didn't disappoint. The staff was friendly, the room and bathroom were very clean and breakfast was still good. It's nice to have a reliable place to stay. Thank you Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back over look the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Traveling on I-81 - made a reservation here. This hotel has been recently remodeled. We liked the clean appearance from the front entry and lobby, that carried to the halls and rooms. We really liked the European style bedding with the white coverlet versus a heavy bed spread that can not be washed. Bathroom sink area was granite. There was plenty of room to spread out. Very quiet, good night's sleep. Breakfast was very comprehensive - even offered scrambled eggs and bacon, which I have never seen at this chain before. Only negative was that the tub area and wallpaper needed some updates, but this was not a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of hotel are quiet, back of hotel is towards the highway.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

Found this hotel on Google Maps while we were traveling. I am very happy we did. The hotel was super clean the rooms were very nice and it had a pool and a hot tub. The hotel offered a wide variety of breakfast items including waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Also had a washer and dryer (which was a great plus since we were completely muddy from riding our bicycles on the New River Trail located nearby)the staff was very nice and helped us locate restaurants that were nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!