“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
NYC
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a room thru Hotwire and got a great rate. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The view from my window were about a dozen cows grazing on the side of a hill, true story. My only complaint is the location of the hotel, it is pretty isolated.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were on the way to Gatlingburg, Tennesse and needed a place for the night. This place fit the bill. It was very close to I-81 ( less than a mile) and right next to the Radford Truckstop where you can get gas and some supplies. Conversely, it was about 4-5 miles from Radburg city proper. If you need pizza and hotdog, you can get it from the truckstop. If you need to eat at a decent restaurant you have to drive to the city. If you are ok for chinese, you can get the menu from the front desk. Lin's House tel no. 540 633 6128. They deliver to the hotel. We decided to drive 2 1/2 miles in the direction of the city to eat at Lin's. I asked them and they confirmed that they deliver.
The room was a decent sized room with two queen beds. Wifi speed was also good. There were two chairs, a small work table, flat screen tv, microwave and an a larger than usual fridge that worked unusually well. A/c worked well. Bathroom was well equipped. Coffee maker was found here. There was an iron and ironing board with a safe. We did not make use of these.
The breakfast was good. Had scrambled egg and sausages, pancake (make them yourself) juice and cereals. Other reviews did not mention the eggs and/or the sausage. Guess I was lucky that day. Definitely good to start the day.
The lobby was spacious with a computer connected to a printer. Check in was definitely quick ( I booked in advance). There was a stand in a corner with 24 hour coffee and tea.
They had an indoor pool of a decent size.
The exercise room was where they failed. Had only 1 treadmill,1 bike and 1 stepper. Could be ok if they worked but they were in various stages of functionality. Not well maintained. My wife and daughter quit after a few minutes.
I saw a washer and dryer on the second floor ($1 each use). None in the first and 3rd floor. Vending and on all floors. Ice machine on the second floor- not sure on the other floors. I realized that I forgot to check the other wing so don't know if there is a washer/dryer over there.
Definitely would stay there again if we pass by there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bedford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great place to stay, rooms very clean and quiet! Front desk was very friendly and helpful with local food delivery places! Will for sure stay again if in the area!
Room remodeling going on on the 2nd floor, was a bit noisy up till 7pm but after that it was very quiet!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Martinsville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were in the area for an event being held in Blacksburg. We had debated on staying in Christiansburg because technically it is closer to where we were going. This, in my opinion, is in Radford, just FYI. We got a great deal from hotwire. I had read several reviews on here so I was a tad nervous about our stay. We booked two rooms. One for my husband and I and another room for some friends that were traveling with us.

We checked in around 8:00p.m. and went straight to the room. I was pleasantly surprised! It was clean and pretty updated. Not as modern as some I've staid in but not from the 1970's either. The room had a nice tv (with great channels), a safe, fridge, microwave and a coffee maker.

We needed to be in Blacksburg at 5:45 am so we left the hotel around 5:15 fresh coffee was ready and waiting, in the lobby!! I can't comment on the breakfast because it didn't start until 6:30 and we were long gone by then but I will say that for the price we were very happy with our stay. We were thankful we staid where we did because the rooms in Christiansburg were twice what we paid and the money we saved we used for dinner :) I would highly recommend this hotel and we would stay here again!

Only negative, if I had to name one, would be there is only one elevator which wasn't really a problem for us but I could see it being an issue during the morning hours.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Pike Road, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I originally had booked 4 nights, but checked out after the 2nd day. The shower head had extremely poor water flow, fluctuating water temp, poor cleaning service in the bathroom w/ dirt pockets in the floor's corners, and the Jacuzzi was very dirty along the water's edge and throughout the concrete steps and sitting areas. The carpeting throughout the hotel needs replacing, musty smell and stains throughout.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently in route to a family wedding. Staff were friendly and helpful at check in. The room was large. The bedding was updated but one comforter had a stain on it and we had to ask for bedding for the sleeper sofa. The bathroom was nice. There was wallpaper throughout the room and bathroom which was peeling off in spots. Another issue was a really bad smell in the hallway on the second floor which smelled like garbage. Also, I had asked for a room on the top floor when making the reservation well in advance and this was not honored. Would I stay again? Probably not.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Olney, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you've read any of my other hotel reviews you will know that I look for three things in a highway rest stop hotel. Cleanliness, quietness, and darkness. The room was clean, the room was quiet, and it was plenty dark at night. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative comment I have is that the free breakfast in the morning left something to be desired. Although the selections weren't so different from other hotels, it just seemed tired and dull. The only hot choices were scrambled eggs, biscuits and waffles. The eggs were downright inedible. The biscuits were hard. I did not try waffles. For the price we paid for our two rooms, it is hard to complain about a free breakfast though. It was decent enough to get us through the day until lunch.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!