“Value is all in location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Binghamton, New York
“Value is all in location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This isn't a great hotel. It is a fair hotel in a great location with great people. Located right off 81 in a convenient location for travel north/south or into TN and points SW. Don't expect views or attractions, but a Cracker Barrel across the street and a good BBQ place down the road make food easy. The entrance isn't the easiest to find and turning in the little street just before the gas station/mini mart is the best way in. The hotel itself serves its purpose but the overall fit and finish is not up to Marriott standards. I don't think there is a picture or anything wall mounted that is hung level/straight. All that said, I like this location as a travel stop and will stay here. The staff has always been outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for completing our survey. I am glad that you found our hotel in a suitable location off the interstate, and enjoyed the local restaurants. We hope when you are in the area that you visit with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Have used the FI&S brand successfully before, so when our family had a last minute (two weeks out) trip to Radford, VA for a large sports meet and found all the rest of the hotels in the close-in regional area booked (as reported through consulted travel websites), I reached out directly to the hotel via phone to check availability. The night desk clerk was very responsive, very courteous, but initially could not find us a room with queens. I hung up disappointed, but was called backed in less than 10 minutes. He had used my Marriott number to get my phone number and was calling to inform me that though he did not have the original two-queen-bed room, he had just had a King suite reservation cancellation; and explained it did have a pull out couch-bed that might work for our two (smaller) kids. I took the reservation at his suggestion.

Fast forward - We were not disappointed; when we arrived late, the night desk clerk (who was not the same one who made the reservation) was awesome, got us through the check-in process and to the room in less than 5 minutes; with a credit for a drink to boot. The room was a King Suite, was nice and roomy with an unusual contemporary configuration that did not have a door between the room and living room space - nicely equipped; hair dryer, open mini-fridge, microwave, etc. Slept and felt like a much more expensive room. Hallways and commoneating lounge area showed a lot of use, but overall a great service and room experience for a great price for the area.

Coming from the south, get off I-81 at the first Christiansburg exit. Turn left off the ramp and look for the Shell Station, since the sign to the hotel entrance is a bit hard to spot.

Room Tip: Book a Suite if available - King rooms come with a truly "full size" pull out couch-bed th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for responding to our survey! I am happy to hear that we were able to find you a room at the last minute. I am also pleased to hear that your room was fully equipped with all that you needed for a comfortable stay. I hope we will see you again in the near future!
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

After bailing from another local Christiansburg hotel that was overrun with ants, we came to the Fairfield Inn. Although we arrived in the morning several hours before check-in, the young man at the front desk was friendly and super-accommodating. They did not have a room ready, but he spoke with housekeeping and arranged to have one cleaned for us. We decided to go get the ants washed off at a car wash. He asked for our cell phone number so he could call us when the room was ready. True to his word, he phoned us while we were out and told us the room was ready and waiting for us.
When I entered the room, I gave an audible "Ahhhhhh" because the beds, the bathroom, and everything about the room looked fresh and clean. The lobby is clean, modern, and fresh as well. The same young man we encountered upon check-in was working again the next morning. We were only staying one night, so when I laid the keys down on the front desk as I was walking out, right away he said thank you and called me by name--and this is without scanning the keys, looking on the computer, etc. I don't remember his name (I guess I'm not as good at names as he is!), but he is an asset to the company and is in line with the attention to detail provided by this hotel.
On another note, the breakfast is quite good, but I would love to see some BACON there. :-)

Room Tip: We like being on the first floor. Very easy in and out and access to free breakfast. It was quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for completing our survey. I am glad you had a fresh, "ant free", stay at our hotel. I am also pleased that our front desk staff was helpful and made you feel welcome. We look forward to your return in the future!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had stayed in this hotel a few years ago, but found it better this time. Large rooms, comfortable, good breakfast choices. It was a very good Fairfield Inn...nothing frilly, but just what we needed for one night. Coming from the south, you get off I-81 and seem to drive for miles on the exit ramp. After turning right, it's very easy to miss the hotel (we did, and we have GPS). The sign is very small by the road. Look for the Shell Station instead.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you completing our survey. I am glad that your stay was better this time. Thank you for making us aware that you had problems seeing our sign from the road, we are looking into that issue. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sussex County, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed there graduation weekend. Housekeeping didn't get the room tidied up by 3P.M. when we got back. They did manage to take the tip and the dirty towels. We stayed in a king suite because we thought we might need an extra bed. No door between the actual bedroom and foyer where the hide a bed couch is located. They did have 2 flat screens but if you can't separate the rooms you can't really watch two different shows. Not impressed with the place even though the rest of the staff was very friendly. Also not cheap. The bill was $226.00 per night. Will not go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
HeleneM52,

I do apologize that your stay was not up to ours, or your, standards. I apologize that you were not informed of our room layout and that housekeeping did not clean the room to your satisfaction. We strive to give everyone great service and a room that is clean, and we obviously missed the mark with you. I am glad other staff members were friendly and hope if you find yourself needing to stay in this area again allow us another chance to prove that this experience is outside the norm.

Njeri Kershaw
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We arrived late at night as a weary family, and Bertha the night auditor was working at the front desk. I have no idea where Marriott related hotels find the kindest, and friendliest people on the planet, but Bertha stands out as a great host, even in a field of great hosts at other hotels where we have stayed.

This place is not the Ritz Carlton, but in hospitality, they make you feel like royalty.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for responding to our survey. I am always pleased to hear that our front desk staff gives exceptional service! Bertha is always a pleasure. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Had the family visiting once again . Great value. Very clean. Breakfast buffet had everything most folks would want. Will be very happy to stay here again for the next VT event. Definitely check the hotel out.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for responding to our survey, we are always pleased when guests return to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and that your room was fresh. We look forward to your return!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!