“No complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
DC
“No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Other than having some trouble finding the hotel (GPS directed us to a nearby Holiday Inn) we had no trouble at all with our stay. The room was large and very clean, the beds were comfortable. Location is close to 81. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was fine. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I am happy to hear that you had no complaints with our hotel, staff or breakfast! We always strive to give you the best service and are glad we met or exceeded your expectations!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This property provides a very courteous staff (Erica), a convenient location, easy highway access, with ample eating choices in the area. I travel to the area to work and this has always been a favorite of mine.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face front of property, but are extremely quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am glad to hear that our staff service was excellent and that we are one of your favorite places! We cannot wait for your next visit!
Severna Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was the most efficient and friendly check in service I've ever received. The front desk staff was very personable and not a hint of pretentiousness. Nice room, well kept hotel, good breakfast. We would definitely come here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am glad our front desk staff made you feel welcome and went beyond your expectations. We hope you visit us again soon!
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stay at this Marriott at least twice a year on our way from Georgia to NJ to visit family. The staff is so very welcoming and we feel like we are at home away from home after a long days drive. The rooms are comfortable and it is conveniently right off the interstate.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so pleased you use our hotel as a stopping point for your travels and look forward to you visiting us again!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We needed a place to stay close to Virginia Tech and as a Rewards member I always look to Marriott properties first. The Fairfield in Christiansburg is right off the highway and ten minutes from VT, and also close to a few dining options. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean, large and comfortable and there is a nice breakfast in the morning. Perfect place for our short stay - I know I can always count on Marriott for a safe, clean, relaxing environment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our property and hope you will do so again!
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

First, the good. The young man who checked me in was super friendly. The room was clean.

The location is not great. We were there for a Virginia Tech visit, in order to get to Blacksburg you had to make a left across four lanes of busy traffic with no light. Maybe it wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't for the road construction though. It was very difficult to get out in the morning.

The room was set up really weird. On the upside it was quite large. I imagine it was supposed to be set up as a suite. The way it was set up made no sense. The beds were not even remotely in the right locations for the outlets. If they had put them on the other side of the room it would have worked. As it was, the outlet for the lamp and the alarm clock was behind one of the beds, the cords had to run between the mattress and box spring. It seemed like a fire hazard to me. So those two outlets are taken up by the lamp and clock, the nearest place to plug in a phone charger or laptop was about six feet away at the other end of the room. The other bed was several feet away from the nearest outlet as well. The beds were so low to the ground I initially thought it was just a box spring and mattress on the floor.

At breakfast the first morning there was nothing to drink unless you wanted coffee. The juice machine appeared to be broken, but they didn't even put out pitchers of ice water. When I asked the grumpy lady who was manning the breakfast area, she snapped at me, telling me that I had walked by a drinking fountain on my way in. The second morning there were at least some bottles of juice you could pour from. The muffins were definitely old, as well as the bagels. My teens said the waffle station was good, the other hot choices were not.
We stayed two nights. When we returned to the hotel the second day our key card didn't work. I went down to the desk and the guy knew immediately what the problem was without my even saying a word. If the door locks reset each day, they should tell me that so I can fix the key on my way up. As I left the lobby someone else came to the desk with the same issue.

Room Tip: If the road construction is still going on, get a room on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy that our front desk staff were friendly and accommodating to you throughout your stay. I am displeased, however, to hear about your issues with breakfast. That is not the image or service we wish to convey to any of our guests while staying here. I hope you will give our hotel another try so we can prove to you that our quality and standards we strive for are the best in the area. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me directly (njeri.kershaw@marriott.com). Thank you!

Njeri Kershaw
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Located not far from I-81 it's convenient for travelers. Our room, with two queen beds, was massive. It could have housed three queen beds with no problem so we called for a roll-away and it appeared almost instantly. When we checked in the night desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. After a good night's sleep we went to breakfast. The scrambled eggs were gone and the woman working the dining area wasn't in a hurry to replenish them. Same with the orange juice which was in a pitcher. When I asked for ice water she told me they had a water fountain in the hallway. Seriously. So we had a great staff the night before and one below the line in the morning. Such is life. Clean and roomy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I am pleased to hear our front desk staff went above and beyond to make sure you were comfortable. I am displeased to hear that breakfast was not up to our, or Marriott's, standards. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope you will stay with us again so we can show you that this is not the norm of our hotel.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!