“Back again, but this trip a little different” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Christiansburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stafford Springs
“Back again, but this trip a little different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Due to a family situation, my husband and I didn't hit the hotel till 1:30AM (never have checked in so late, anywhere!) and I can't say enough about the staff and the room, Yes indeed, there was someone at the front desk at that ungodly hour to check us in! The room was big and clean! (I only wish that they had turned on the hear prior to our arrival - we had called to let them know that we were going to be very late) It was quiet and we were able to sleep in! Breakfast was over by the time we got up, but there was plenty of good hot coffee available. As always, a solid place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you MAMAKIM for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry that a family situation brought you to our hotel, but am very glad you had an enjoyable time while you were here! I hope if you are in our area again, you stop by and see us!

Njeri Kershaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tumon, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great stay with very comfortable beds and wonderful generous breakfast buffet ! The attendant really makes an effort and the front desk staff is super friendly and considerate. Close to freeway and other amenities. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you Liz R. for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very glad you experienced such great customer service at our hotel! This is the service we strive for and I am always happy to hear it has been met! We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel!

Thank You!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the staff here. They were very helpful when I had problems printing my boarding pass. Rooms are larger and nicer than some of the other Fairfield Inn's. Cracker Barrel is across the street and very convenient. Nice breakfast too! I love the one cup coffee makers which are much cleaner and more convenient.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online! I am very happy that our staff made you feel so welcome and we hope that you will return to stay with us again!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I like the Fairfield Inn suites; they feel huge and they are well furnished. The front desk staff were great, and a faulty smoke detector brought a serviceman in seconds (weak battery). The internet was a bit flaky, but we may have been quite far from the router. Again, this Fairfield needs to upgrade its breakfast coffee to the bold blend.

We had scoped out some restaurants, and the staff suggested Due South BBQ, which was a hit with us.

The hotel is close to I-81 for convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear you had a good stay and the staff treated you well! I look forward to you staying with us again!

Njeri Kershaw
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I arrived after two days of traveling with fever and head cold. The front desk said they could order me some hot soup from a nearby Chinese restaurant and bring it to my room. They did. They even took my service dog out to pee.

Where do you get that service these days?

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Kendra, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you were treated so well by the front desk staff and an glad they took the extra time to make you feel like you welcome. This is the service we strive for here and I am glad you were able to receive it! We look forward to seeing you again!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived on September 9th 2013, for an overnight stay on our way to visit the Great Smoky Mountains in North Carolina.
An exceptionally friendly greeting at the front desk awaited us. I had already booked on line so check in was quick and simple.
They had my reservation and all was well.
The room was what you would expect for a Marriot, roomy, organized, and clean.
Great location as it was right off the highway so we did not have to drive any further off our route to get to it.
My wife went for a swim in the pool which was the attraction of this hotel for her. The pool was empty and she had it all to herself.
After her swim we went to the Cracker Barrel right across the highway. A great meal for 2 for $25.00.

The morning shower was hot with plenty of water pressure.
After we packed up and met with the unexpected. I knew they offered a continental breakfast and expected a bagel, coffee, and perhaps an orange juice.

What we saw was impressive.
Eggs, sausage, fresh made waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, tea, just about anything you wanted for a hearty meal to start the day.
A super friendly staff member asked us where we were going and told us of a traffic delay due to fog and an accident so we should avoid that road.
Overall, a nice quiet place to stay, clean, a well kept pool, with a great breakfast and super friendly staff.
For a $100.00 room for 2, I do not think you could do better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast. I hope that if you are in our area again you will stop by our hotel again...we would love to have you!
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our second stay at this very nice. It is easy to find because it's right off the main road. The room was big and very clean. We did not eat the breakfast that was offered but it looked nice with the standard items of muffins, toast, cereal, etc. The shower had consistently good water pressure and the linens were nice and fluffy. Bed was a bit soft for me but is was comfy and clean. As it was last year, check out/in was fast and friendly. All the staff that I encountered were friendly. The outdoor pool/hot tub looked nice but we didn’t get a chance to get use it because of our schedule. The AC unit kept our room nice and cool. There is a very good Pizza Hut and Waffle House just up the road. Looking forward to my next stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel enough to come back and that we did not disappoint this time around! I look forward to seeing you next time you stay at our hotel! Safe travels!

Njeri

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!