“Great front desk Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Christiansburg
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
“Great front desk Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I arrived after two days of traveling with fever and head cold. The front desk said they could order me some hot soup from a nearby Chinese restaurant and bring it to my room. They did. They even took my service dog out to pee.

Where do you get that service these days?

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Kendra, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you were treated so well by the front desk staff and an glad they took the extra time to make you feel like you welcome. This is the service we strive for here and I am glad you were able to receive it! We look forward to seeing you again!

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived on September 9th 2013, for an overnight stay on our way to visit the Great Smoky Mountains in North Carolina.
An exceptionally friendly greeting at the front desk awaited us. I had already booked on line so check in was quick and simple.
They had my reservation and all was well.
The room was what you would expect for a Marriot, roomy, organized, and clean.
Great location as it was right off the highway so we did not have to drive any further off our route to get to it.
My wife went for a swim in the pool which was the attraction of this hotel for her. The pool was empty and she had it all to herself.
After her swim we went to the Cracker Barrel right across the highway. A great meal for 2 for $25.00.

The morning shower was hot with plenty of water pressure.
After we packed up and met with the unexpected. I knew they offered a continental breakfast and expected a bagel, coffee, and perhaps an orange juice.

What we saw was impressive.
Eggs, sausage, fresh made waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, tea, just about anything you wanted for a hearty meal to start the day.
A super friendly staff member asked us where we were going and told us of a traffic delay due to fog and an accident so we should avoid that road.
Overall, a nice quiet place to stay, clean, a well kept pool, with a great breakfast and super friendly staff.
For a $100.00 room for 2, I do not think you could do better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast. I hope that if you are in our area again you will stop by our hotel again...we would love to have you!
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our second stay at this very nice. It is easy to find because it's right off the main road. The room was big and very clean. We did not eat the breakfast that was offered but it looked nice with the standard items of muffins, toast, cereal, etc. The shower had consistently good water pressure and the linens were nice and fluffy. Bed was a bit soft for me but is was comfy and clean. As it was last year, check out/in was fast and friendly. All the staff that I encountered were friendly. The outdoor pool/hot tub looked nice but we didn’t get a chance to get use it because of our schedule. The AC unit kept our room nice and cool. There is a very good Pizza Hut and Waffle House just up the road. Looking forward to my next stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel enough to come back and that we did not disappoint this time around! I look forward to seeing you next time you stay at our hotel! Safe travels!

Njeri
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Not what it used to be. I agree with other reviewers who find this place a bit scruffy and run down. First went there when it was new and enjoyed it very much. It’s a good half way stop between my home in NJ and Atlanta. The place needs a good updating and please improve breakfast service. Thank god that an employee, bertha, was there to help out. The breakfast room was packed and they were running low on most food. I must also say that the guests did little to help by spilling pancake batter and juice on the counters. She hustled as fast as he could to do her best to resupply the place and keep it under control. Brava bertha! Look, it’s only for one night, but feels more like a motel 6 now than a Marriott.

Room Tip: think of it as a motel 6, certainly not up to marriott standards
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay and I hope you give us the chance to prove the last stay was a fluke. I am glad Bertha was able to make your stay somewhat enjoyable and will pass along your compliment! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope you decide to give our hotel another chance!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Christiansburg is a very clean and modern hotel. The value was quite good at $116 per night for four adults. The reception at the front desk was very polite and the service was fast and efficient. The room itself was clean and modern. Our room was very cold when we arrived as the thermostat was set at 66 degrees Fahrenheit and we had to open the window to warm up our room. The beds are very comfortable and had 5 pillows on each queen bed.

The television reception was excellent with limited channel reception (Perhaps 20 channels). The internet service was very fast. We had a good nights sleep with the exception of being awoken very early due to loud talking outside our 2nd story window (They were possibly employees), which was just above the outdoor swimming pool. It was surprising how clearly we could hear people's voices, despite the window being fully shut. In the morning, the breakfast was quite good and included scramble eggs, sausage, waffles, a continental selection, juice and coffee. The hotel is a very convenient as a stop-over hotel to another location. There are various restaurants nearby, so food selection is not a problem. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the outdoor swimming pool due to the noise level.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We called the hotel directly as we were driving south on 81. The phone people were very professional and helpful. They were friendly, thoughtful and efficient. The drive took longer than expected so we did not arrive until after midnight. Thank goodness we had a reservation because the hotel was full. We were greater warmly by a sweet young woman ( I believe her name was Bertha) Fairfield has a gem in her! She was very polite. And friendly. Answered every question before I even asked jumped into action for our one request and was all around very helpful. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. The breakfast was quite substantial and extensive for a hotel breakfast. I would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so pleased you had a great stay at our hotel! I will pass along your compliments to Bertha, and we are very lucky to have her. I am glad you are planning on staying at our hotel again and I look forward to seeing you!

Njeri Kershaw
Amherst, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here one night while passing through. Unfortunately it was "Floyd Fest" weekend, a music festival south of here that attracts 15,000 fans, and all the hotels jack up the rates/fill up. Only room they had left was a king suite, a bit pricy at $165/night, even w/AAA discount (includes all taxes). Nice suite, with separate 'living room,' AC was working well on this hot day. Toilet seat won't stay up - the lip of the shelf above sticks out, meaning guys have to 'hold up' the seat. Nice recessed lights over the bed for reading; only problem was, there's no switch to turn them off except over on the wall in the living room. Housekeeping left two conditioners, but no shampoo. After two kleenex pulls, the box was empty, with no spare in sight. These are minor issues, I know, but a suite's a suite and you expect more, especially for the price paid.

Good features: free WiFi, nice free hot breakfast (eggs, sausages, waffles), plus cold choices galore. Bed was comfortable, lobby big and inviting, as was breakfast area. Pleanty of free papers around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello! We are pleased that you took the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the suite and will speak to maintenance about the toilet seat and make sure housekeeping checks the little things to make sure you have an even better stay! I am glad you enjoyed our free wifi and hot breakfast! If you are in this area again we would love to have you back!

Njeri Kershaw

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg? Share your experiences!